Gransnet forums

Competitions

Win a hamper worth over £100 and a copy of Hey Grandude! *Now Closed*

(917 Posts)
NatashaGransnet (GNHQ) Fri 04-Oct-19 16:43:23

We've teamed up with Puffin Books to celebrate National Grandparents Day and the release of Hey Grandude!, the first children's book written by Paul McCartney and illustrated by Kathryn Durst. One lucky gransnetter will win a copy of the book and a luxury Fortnum & Mason hamper valued at over £100.

More details on the prize can be found HERE and T&Cs HERE. We will pick a winner after 11am on 4th November.

To enter simply tell us... If you could take your grandchildren anywhere in the world, where would it be?

You must be a registered Gransnet user to enter. Sign up to Gransnet HERE if you haven't done so already.

And don't forget to sign up to our newsletter to get the latest competitions delivered straight to your inbox...

Dezza56 Fri 15-Nov-19 15:42:15

I would take my grandchildren to Disney land been twice my children absolutely loved the experience it is magical and it’s where dreams are made of its 42 miles square and you truly do feel safe and you feel the magic

dannyelle Thu 07-Nov-19 12:43:01

Does it have to be this world? wink
The Moon would make for an interesting night out...
Failing that, any beach in the Bahamas would be a nice way to spend the day!

cocochips Mon 04-Nov-19 23:04:54

I would take them to New York

AuntDahlia Mon 04-Nov-19 23:03:24

Egypt – to bring history alive, to open their eyes to new tastes, sights, sounds, and to understand how people live in another culture.

freefan Mon 04-Nov-19 22:12:52

I would love to take mine to visit family friends in Holland. They've nev met our Grandchildren so it would be fabulous. We are saving up ss hopefully soon.

rachelmccraith Mon 04-Nov-19 19:27:03

I'd take them to the Bahamas to meet the swimming pigs!

dwerry Mon 04-Nov-19 19:18:53

I'd take them to Florida, not just for Disneyland but also the Everglades & Florida Keys which are brilliant.

jessiecat Mon 04-Nov-19 17:41:01

I would take my grand children to Kangaroo Island to visit where my husband and I spent 6 months in our twenties and will show them the sights and make memories

dippybird2 Mon 04-Nov-19 15:55:22

I would take my grandchildren to Sydney, Australia to visit their Uncle who although they FaceTime him all the time only get to see him every other year. It’s an amazing country and would also teach them so much about this beautiful world we live in.

NiCH Mon 04-Nov-19 13:59:22

I would take them to Isle of Wight. A simple but relaxing holiday where kids can run around freely in the beach and other days in some child friendly attractions.

trueblonde Mon 04-Nov-19 13:56:39

I would take them to Australia to meet my friend Vania, Skype is not the same as a hug

sandian Mon 04-Nov-19 11:40:53

It would have to be a Safari Trip as she is besotted with Animals.

toffee11 Mon 04-Nov-19 11:33:46

I'd love to take them to Sydney to visit their cousins.

volcanopete Mon 04-Nov-19 11:23:01

I've always had a fancy to visit Goa in India if my grandchildren were ever in a position to take me anywhere I wanted to go.

moonlightlady2 Mon 04-Nov-19 10:55:53

i would love to take them to Disneyland in Florida , because then I also have an excuse to go too lol

harlina Mon 04-Nov-19 10:41:12

I’d love to take them to China it has the most wonderful places and such historical places

Silverdarling Mon 04-Nov-19 10:37:49

My grandsons are in Dubai and I would take them to Scotland where we live. Show them hills, the beaches enjoy the space and the fresh air.

Lovelykins47 Mon 04-Nov-19 10:30:45

To Africa, so that they may see animals in the wild before they are lost forever.

ChocolateCake1 Mon 04-Nov-19 10:16:43

I’d take them to New Zealand to see the bubbling mud pools in Rotorua and see our family who live there. smile

Somethingorother82 Mon 04-Nov-19 10:09:26

I'd love to take them to the places I enjoyed so much as a child but sadly are no longer here eg Camelot, Wigan Pier. For places that are still around, I'd love to take them to Legoland at Windsor.

FamStephens Mon 04-Nov-19 09:55:06

It would have to be Florida, there's so much to do and see for kids, and grownups can enjoy proper warmth and sunshine too smile

dismith134 Mon 04-Nov-19 09:43:16

I'd take them to the Scottish Highlands. No air travel involved and beautiful scenery on their doorstep for them to explore. Fantastic beaches, mountains, lakes and harbours and hardly any traffic pollution

madcaz31 Mon 04-Nov-19 09:42:52

Anywhere?! Wow I'd have to take them right around the world! There are so many different places to see and experience. I guess if we started travelling soon we'd have to tour all the Christmas markets and experience the magic! smile

Batfink78 Mon 04-Nov-19 09:42:35

Have to be Florida the magic that the parks there offer is incredible.

Fothers Mon 04-Nov-19 09:33:45

I'd take them to the extremes of the UK - from Land's End to the Shetland Islands ensuring they see how the landscape of this country is so varied. I'd get them tasting local cuisine and experiencing local culture. By the end I hope they will appreciate what a beautiful and varied country they live in.