Gransnet forums

Competitions

Win a FitBit and Lionel Shriver’s brand new novel - together worth over £100 *NOW CLOSED*

(854 Posts)
NatashaGransnet (GNHQ) Mon 27-Apr-20 12:50:37

To celebrate the release of The Motion of the Body Through Space, the new novel by Lionel Shriver, we're giving one lucky gransnetter the chance to win a Fitbit Inspire HR and a copy of the book - together worth over £100. Five runners-up will also win a copy of the book.

More details on the prize can be found HERE and T&Cs HERE. We will pick a winner after 11am on 27th May.

To enter simply tell us... What happens when your partner gets involved in something you consider to be yours?

You must be a registered Gransnet user to enter. Sign up to Gransnet HERE if you haven't done so already.

And don't forget to sign up to our newsletter to get the latest competitions delivered straight to your inbox...

joolzy Wed 27-May-20 08:20:55

I don't think he would want to crochet or dressmake but you never know if the Sewing Bee inspires him.....

SylviaP Wed 27-May-20 08:28:31

I would be thrilled that he was showing an interest

charles007 Wed 27-May-20 08:30:48

What a loaded question! Define 'gets involved' Helpful involved partner or sudden critical expert? Some things are exclusively hers (i loathe long trips round the shops) and some exclusively mine (she is not keen on long distance cycling). But we share many other things like reading, music (though slightly different tastes) and she is gradually turning me into a reasonably good baker! Oh, did I say that I love her? I do

pluckypuddin Wed 27-May-20 08:41:36

I love when my other half takes an interest in something that I'm doing and wants to learn more about it. It gives us something new to do together and bond over. I try to take interest in things that he loves too so that he can offer me the same opportunity and experience.

missjadeMleigh Wed 27-May-20 08:43:34

I think it's lovely when he gets involved two minds are most definitely better than one

Superselena Wed 27-May-20 08:58:56

We have our own 'things' but sometimes he gets involved with my stuff. Normally a jigsaw when it's down to the last few pieces..

rose22 Wed 27-May-20 08:59:14

i,m very happy to share anything with my partner

Jannette Wed 27-May-20 09:03:39

I tell him to keep his mitts off?

mrboggle Wed 27-May-20 09:09:06

I get really irritated when she interferes when I'm cooking - when she's cooking I'm not even allowed in the kitchen!

Aquablue27 Wed 27-May-20 09:16:30

I have learned that the best thing is to do is share the task together.

Batfink78 Wed 27-May-20 09:26:02

The only things my wife wouldn't be involved in are things that she doesn't want to be involved in like my hobbies or TV shows.

Shark20 Wed 27-May-20 09:39:24

Love it, two heads are better than one...

Neanes Wed 27-May-20 09:41:48

I’m fiercely independent and love my space to do my own things... I like to enjoy them alone, it gives me time to think... we have lots of ‘our’ things we enjoy together.

Jeanetteleighton1979 Wed 27-May-20 09:41:58

I don't mind I'm quite happy for him to be interested in something that I am , its actually quite nice

chloe96 Wed 27-May-20 09:42:02

i dont mind i like to share my things

Nanof4 Wed 27-May-20 09:47:28

I have not got any problem with my Husband being involved in anything which I consider to be mine, especially during this crisis which has only made us closer. In fact the only thing I can think of that he is not involved in is my AM/PM skincare routine and I would actually love him to show an interest in looking after his skin more!!

lollipop123 Wed 27-May-20 09:54:59

I don't mind at all, just happy he's interested in something I am.

GreenandRed Wed 27-May-20 10:04:47

It would annoy me if he encroached on my hobbies

DiWoo Wed 27-May-20 10:06:17

Depends on whether I want him to or not! It’s nice to have shared interests, or join in with your partner’s interests but I don’t appreciate him telling me where the things in the kitchen “should” go when he only makes his dinner once or twice a week!

Rochbarrett Wed 27-May-20 10:37:53

My partner is like the make version of me so we really like doing the same stuff most of the time. It’s great to have someone to share your life and hobbies with. I feel very lucky indeed

cjfg1985 Wed 27-May-20 10:43:06

My partner would very rarely get involved in the things I do as he isn't interested but if I decided to cook a meal he tends to try and get involved with ideas and ends up taking over so I guess that would probably happen. There is no harm in it of course, he just gets over excited trying to help lol

purpleclaire17 Wed 27-May-20 10:50:00

We have different hobbies, so I appreciate time we spend together, but I wouldn't want him to take over something that was special to me.

linzi686 Wed 27-May-20 11:06:39

I'm usually shocked, I like it though when he gets involved, unless he disagrees with me lol

Sabanilas123 Wed 27-May-20 18:32:25

We deal with this by remembering the motto; “what’s yours is mine and what’s mine is my own!”

jackie69 Thu 28-May-20 04:41:30

Me and my partner live in separately as we can't live together but couldn't be apart me and him enjoy different things I like my space as very independent so we use to go cycling together need to do that again as it was my idea who motivated him to go out cycling so it is mine