Gransnet forums

Competitions

Win a bundle of Thomas & Friends goodies worth over £100 *NOW CLOSED*

(587 Posts)
NatashaGransnet (GNHQ) Mon 11-May-20 12:37:29

To celebrate Thomas the Tank Engine's 75th anniversary, we're giving away a fantastic bundle of goodies worth over £100 to one lucky winner. Five runners-up will also win a copy of Thomas' Big Journey: Book with toy engine and giant track.

More details on the prize can be found HERE and T&Cs HERE. We will pick a winner after 11am on 11th June.

To enter simply tell us... Which story do you love reading to your grandchildren and why?

You must be a registered Gransnet user to enter. Sign up to Gransnet HERE if you haven't done so already.

And don't forget to sign up to our newsletter to get the latest competitions delivered straight to your inbox...

spangled Mon 11-May-20 13:55:57

Little women as it was one of my favourites

twirlywhirly Mon 11-May-20 14:01:18

I am reading The Water Babies to my grandchildren over FaceTime. It’s an old classic fairy tale & was one of my favourite books when I was a child. Little Tom takes you through amazing adventures with sea creatures & other water babies. He has just met with the fierce Mrs Bedonbyasyoudid.My grandchildren are really loving the story & looking forward to seeing the beautiful illustrations when lock down is over.

Limadelta Mon 11-May-20 14:09:02

I enjoy reading Peace at Last by Jill Murphy to my granddaughter because I recognise the situation and remember reading it to my daughters.

moonlightlady2 Mon 11-May-20 14:30:10

I love to read the hungry caterpillar to my youngest grandson over facetime as he giggles away and reacts by pretending to eat all the food on the pages when i show him the book and that makes me laugh too

Fronkydonky Mon 11-May-20 14:32:44

I adore reading The Mog stories, Judith Kerr has such a gift for telling wonderful tales and children of all ages simply love listening to them.

MAForster Mon 11-May-20 14:36:16

'The Tiger Who came To Tea' My granddaughter loves hearing this story again and again. She knows it off by heart now and enjoys pointing out all the different naughty things the tiger did.

lynmoo Mon 11-May-20 14:36:45

I just love reading Charlottes Web ?

Audrie57 Mon 11-May-20 14:57:00

Peter Rabbit,to my great grandson,I bought him the Rabbit when he was born, and he loves everything that is really soft, so I also bought him a good set of books that have been put away and a book for everyday use and he loves it, as he can relate to his toy and pictures of his toy in a book

Janetashbolt Mon 11-May-20 14:57:39

The Story of the Little Mole Who Knew It Was None of His Business, who doesn't love a story about poo?

Piscesmaiden Mon 11-May-20 15:30:55

When I last saw my Grandson we were reading "That's not my Dinosaur" and "I need a new Bum"

Holidayenthusiast Mon 11-May-20 15:41:05

I love reading ‘Each, Peach, Pear, Plum, by the Ahlbergs. It has a great combination of rhyming, fairy story characters and interesting illustrations.

Miriam Mon 11-May-20 16:01:16

I love reading Danny and the Dinosaur as I used to read it to my son and now my grand daughter loves it too.

Lunchtimelady1 Mon 11-May-20 16:13:02

My grandchildren are loving The Faraway Tree. I thought that it might not have passed the test of time but they are as entranced as their mother was.

Carso57 Mon 11-May-20 16:27:51

Hi I look after my three grandchildren and they all like Goldilocks and the Three Bears and Jack and the Beanstalk I put on daft voices and they love it and it seems to keep their attention
Both my grown twins now mum and dad enjoyed listening to these classic stories and we all know a favourite story helps little ones to read

maciv234 Mon 11-May-20 16:30:49

we have quite a few the gruffalo , mog ,stories ,famous five

mphammersley Mon 11-May-20 16:49:43

I like reading The Smartest Giant in Town to my twin grandsons aged 2, because they like joining in. They love so many books, so it is really hard to choose and know which are going to catch a child's imagination.

gomez Mon 11-May-20 16:51:27

We love reading the Princess and the pea

Yasmin0147 Mon 11-May-20 16:54:04

I love reading the gruffalo, it’s a brilliant story

becky80 Mon 11-May-20 16:56:43

I love reading zog to my grandson as he always pretends to be a dragon and roars through the story!

trueblonde Mon 11-May-20 17:03:44

When I can see my great nephew, which I can't at the moment due to lockdown, I read The Gruffalo, he lives all the voices. I miss him, he is 9 months old

Kate1949 Mon 11-May-20 17:11:36

The Secret Garden is a lovely book. I loved it and so did my daughter and granddaughter.

Andrea1 Mon 11-May-20 17:30:46

We love Giraffe's can't dance. It was my son's favourite story and is now my grandson's.

mrsgreenfingers56 Mon 11-May-20 17:31:16

Winnie the poo, oh all that lovely honey!

TashjaG Mon 11-May-20 17:35:41

The Gruffalo - He's only 5 months old but you can't start reading to them too early smile x