Gransnet forums

Coronavirus

Greed is Good?

(3 Posts)
paddyanne Mon 16-Mar-20 23:22:24

Richard Branson has given his staff 8 weeks unpaid leave ,IF he paid them £500 a week each it would mean his personal wealth would drop from £4.6 BILLION to £4.064 bILLION .
meantime those people may have to apply for universal credit which as we all know takes time.Thats FAMILIES in need.
I hope ALL of them get employment elsewhere and leave the greedy B with planes and no staff.
This Greed is Good mentality from the Thatcher era needs to be brought under control .Branson should NOT be getting any of the public cash he has asked for when he treats people this way

As an employer of 45 years I would never have left my staff to sink when we could have kept them afloat ,it beggers belief that this man thinks this is OK

Newatthis Fri 20-Mar-20 16:00:05

There is enough in the world for everyone's need, sadly not for everyone's greed - I think Gandhi said something on these lines! But many people are guilty of it in some respects - this has been proved by the hoarding of groceries and toilet rolls leaving nothing for anyone else.

M0nica Sat 21-Mar-20 14:18:31

Branson always was a nasty grasping git. Did anyone expect him to act with generousity?