Gransnet forums

Coronavirus

Anyone Else Feeling Like Their In some Sort Of Horror Movie

(6 Posts)
melp1 Sun 22-Mar-20 14:23:46

Things seem to be getting worst everyday - trying not to watch to much on the TV too scary. Don't feel like anyone is telling us the full story (because they're unsure) and although there are some lovely people out there, can't believe how selfish some people are being. I've only shopped for the same as we usually do but a few items were unavailable. Feel sorry for the NHS workers and carers. One of my sons and his wife have both been told they have to keep going to work unless they feel unwell. Luckily their children are old enough to be left. My younger son and his wife are working from home with is good, his children are too young to be on their own.So worrying. Keep well everyone.

Greymar Sun 22-Mar-20 14:29:23

Yes, I do. It is unreal. What to do? How to cope? We are tiny little specks. I often think of the words from a hymm

Frail children of dust, and feeble as frail.

I have no answers melp but perhaps make your self a cuppa and get 5 minutes outside.

paddyanne Sun 22-Mar-20 14:38:13

an Influx of camper vans from all over the UK have left locals feeling very peed off.Especially in places like Skye where the nearest hospital is 135 miles away .What do these people thinkthey're doing ? Apart from putting health services under extra stress if they have brought the virus with them there 's extra pressure on shops already feeling the strain.Its NOT holiday season,its a pandemic and the Daily Mails article on nice empty spaces to head to for isolation was wrong on many levels.Our local area was mobbed yesterday and car parks are full to capacity with people out "enjoying" the good weather .
Thats all good and well usually but making streets overcrowded is not to be commended at this time.Have people really no common sense ?

EllanVannin Sun 22-Mar-20 14:40:07

Personally I'm alright but it's the family I worry about as daughter is, I suppose, a front-line worker in security, checking the comings and goings of passengers entering the country which includes wagons carrying goods/food from abroad and making sure that there's " no other cargo "in-situ. There are police working with her but it's now a matter of who comes in carrying the bug as well.

Like it or not we have to keep our distance from one another anyway. She's always been issued with gloves when doing a search so I'm hoping she's got masks as well as she also looks after 3 children who are members of the family that she's also been unfortunately landed with in sad circumstances so this virus couldn't have come at a worse time because I can't now help out,but hey-ho there are others who are in a far worse mess.

Pikachu Sun 22-Mar-20 14:53:29

It’s not real is it? I think I’m just having a bad dream.

Perhaps I fell and banged my head and I’m in an induced coma. It will all go away when I wake up.

Gaunt47 Sun 22-Mar-20 14:54:57

Paddyanne The Daily Mail? Are they really so callous? So they're to blame for all the b.....s flocking into the west country! Several camp sites have closed in Cornwall, and I hope more do. This makes me so mad. angry