Got this from another group I’m on...hope it’s real but you could ring the phone number to check. .....
Hey the university a friend works at has sent out a message about making masks for hospital if you have access to a sewing machine. I there is a contact email and number for collection which is via my colleaque. Details below*
IF YOU HAVE A SEWING MACHINE, PLEASE COULD YOU HELP LONDON HOSPITALS AND PRODUCE FACE MASKS. THEY NEED THESE URGENTLY TO PROTECT STAFF AND PATIENTS. Ideally, you should use cotton, this can be by re-using fabric (e.g. old shirts etc) which can be washed at min 40C.
1. Cut a piece of fabric 8 by 14 inches.
2. Hem or (as I have for speed) cut short edges with pinking shears so edges don’t fray. 3. Fold in half.
4. Make 3 pleats so that edges are about 4 inches long.
5. Use tape/ribbon to bind edges.
6. Can either leave long tape on each side (as hospitals ones usually are) so that top and bottom tapes from each side meet and tie behind head and neck. (You need ca 80cm for each, top and bottom tape). Or you can sew elastic loop on each side to go behind ears.
THE MASK STAYS OPEN ON TOP LONG SIDE, SO A RECTANGULAR SOFT FILTER CAN BE INSERTED EVERY DAY.
CONTACT FOR DELIVERY / PICK-UP : [[email protected]](mailto:[email protected]) / 07818 454 310 Thank you for your help, Sandra
Laughterlines Tue 24-Mar-20 10:00:21
bikergran Tue 24-Mar-20 10:25:58
GagaJo Tue 24-Mar-20 10:30:31
midgey Tue 24-Mar-20 10:32:49
Sussexborn Tue 24-Mar-20 12:18:04
Eloethan Tue 24-Mar-20 15:57:48
Jomarie Tue 24-Mar-20 16:03:26
MawB Tue 24-Mar-20 17:41:18