Gransnet forums

Coronavirus

2 m apart

(3 Posts)
Greta Wed 25-Mar-20 10:11:08

I joined a long queue outside a supermarket. Made sure I kept the 2 m distance. We waited for quite some time and I guess people were getting a bit bored. The man behind me had tried to engage me in conversation and normally I would have responded but I actually think even speaking should be avoided. He then moved his trolley closer to the lady behind him and they started chatting and laughing. They were then certainly not 2 m apart.

It is so difficult to change human behaviour.

Hetty58 Wed 25-Mar-20 10:18:36

I've changed my behaviour quite drastically. I can stand some boredom easily when my motivation is to save my life.

Last week, however, a child on the pavement was crying (no adult around) as a bee had landed on him. He was terrified. I talked to him to reassure him and waved my hand near the bee. It flew away.

Only afterwards did i realise I'd broken my two-metre rule!

ninathenana Wed 25-Mar-20 10:37:09

I met a friend I hadn't seen for months a couple of weeks ago. I would never initiate a hug with anyone at any time apart from immediate family but she did and I hugged back before we both lept back and she said "Oh no, I shouldn't have done that, sorry"
Taped areas at the check outs in our Tesco this morning. People were trying to push in by filling the two metre gap.