Gransnet forums

Coronavirus

Excuses

(138 Posts)
GagaJo Sun 05-Apr-20 12:44:02

The excuses on here for going out are increasing again. No hair dressers this time, but exercise and dogs.

What is WRONG with people?

Greymar Mon 06-Apr-20 21:17:46

Sorry what do you mean about knee pain? Mind and body work together.

May7 Mon 06-Apr-20 21:01:14

youtu.be/HwLzAdriec0

Maybe worth giving it a go if weve nothing else to do

May7 Mon 06-Apr-20 20:58:52

You are quite right Greymar too much stress releases cortisol and it does make us Ill. There is a good breathing technique video doing the rounds that maybe we should all practise before we get this virus. I'll look for a link

Callistemon Mon 06-Apr-20 20:47:58

Would that help my knee pain, do you think?

Greymar Mon 06-Apr-20 20:19:34

No it isn't fake news. Think of people you know who are spiteful, angry and sarcastic. they turn in on themselves and become ill.

Put simply, being nasty releases cortisol which makes us ill.

GracesGranMK3 Mon 06-Apr-20 20:16:12

I just can't work out why the angry granny can't see what she has said though Chewbacca. It's very odd.

Chewbacca Mon 06-Apr-20 19:39:42

The best that any of us can do is what we have been advised to do by the WHO and it's their advice I feel more confident in following, rather than an angry granny on an internet chat forum.

Gemini17892 Mon 06-Apr-20 19:33:54

In that case ..
Can I just say how smart you look this evening , greymar ? ?

Callistemon Mon 06-Apr-20 19:28:53

Getting stressed about other people going out for walks with a dog, shopping etc could lower your immunity.

Stress is not good at the best of times and especially not now.

MawB Mon 06-Apr-20 19:26:42

Being horrible to people lowers your immunity

Fake news - along with sipping warm water every 20 minutes or gargling with Listerine. grin. .

Callistemon Mon 06-Apr-20 19:04:27

Sorry!!
grin
??????

Callistemon Mon 06-Apr-20 19:02:17

[frin]

Greymar Mon 06-Apr-20 18:59:45

Being horrible to people lowers your immunity.

Callistemon Mon 06-Apr-20 18:49:51

In fact, Gagajo I have been supportive of you as you went through your various dilemmas and problems on GN, from whether to go to work in China, how to deal with your little DGS and other problems for which you sought help.

Obviously not appreciated and a complete waste of time and effort.
How unfair.

Callistemon Mon 06-Apr-20 18:40:27

I have never been rude to you Gagajo
If you wish to produce evidence of that claim please do so.

Callistemon Mon 06-Apr-20 18:38:11

I'm not bullying you at all Gagajo. I am querying and asking questions.

However, I do not like obfuscation, being lectured by people who do not follow the rules themselves and do appreciate answers to questions arising from anecdotal evidence.

GagaJo Mon 06-Apr-20 18:27:44

heath480, not that I suggest you do because it’d be boring, but if you were so inclined, a search of the ongoing attacks from this pair would show a different story.

heath480 Mon 06-Apr-20 18:17:14

Wow you are really rude GagaJo,absolutely no need for it!

You have an anger problem!

A lesson I learnt many years ago was that I have no control over other people.

Perhaps step back a bit and take a look at yourself,you are the problem,not everyone else.

GagaJo Mon 06-Apr-20 17:59:13

My initial comment was three sentences and directed at no one in particular. What you two are doing has run through several comments on several different threads.

Fair enough, you disagree. NO problem making that point. That is what happens on a public forum. But to make the same personal comment, SEVERAL times, to gang up and THEN expect a polite answer from someone you assume will be intimidated by you (erroneously) is bullying.

So you are free to feel you have the moral high ground, if you wish. But I can assure you, I am not intimidated. If you continue, GNHQ will, with NO intervention/feedback from me, end up deleting either your posts or the thread as a whole, as they did with the Wuhan thread.

MawB Mon 06-Apr-20 17:51:41

As a teacher myself I am conscious that asking you to justify your hectoring attitude is not bullying but an attempt to encourage you to modify your intemperate comments when you have no right to be so judgemental of others.

GagaJo Mon 06-Apr-20 17:46:06

Same message to you Maw. I'm very familiar with dealing with bullies, as a teacher. Not intimidated by any of you. At all.

GagaJo Mon 06-Apr-20 17:43:36

Hot and cold Callistemon. As I said to another poster a week or so ago, if you're rude to someone, don't expect a favourable response later.

MawB Mon 06-Apr-20 17:42:00

I think Gagajo said she was in Spain.
Urmstongran might be able to tell us if things are different there regarding testing.
But regarding your return from Switzerland, Gagajo did you not say that the director of your school tested positive shortly after your return?
This must have rung alarm bells as we are told that a person can be infectious for up to 5 days before any symptoms appear.
That is why some of us were amazed that you returned to hug your grandson without a period of quarantine.
Bearing this in mind, should you be so judgemental of others who are not in fact breaching any rules but just not doing as you would want them to.
It sounds like a clear case of “Do as I say, not as I do/did? “

Callistemon Mon 06-Apr-20 16:45:29

Gagajo and I still really really want to know how your friend got a test to confirm that she has or had the virus.
Please.

My family who are working in a hospital on the frontline do have the PPE, thank goodness, but have not been able to get a test, having been ill with something a little while ago.
Knowing it was the virus would bring peace of mind as they may have developed immunity.

If you could tell me how she got a test, I would be grateful.

Callistemon Mon 06-Apr-20 16:36:31

SallyB392 you may not have read the whole saga.
And I would assume you may not want to anyway.