Gransnet forums

Coronavirus

Making the best of things......

(9 Posts)
SallyB392 Mon 06-Apr-20 15:56:31

Talking to hubby last night, and realised that there are some positives in this upside down world of ours:

- The challenge of coming up with meals using a mystery box of fruit and veg box, along with store cupboard staples
- Enjoying our enforced slower lifestyle
- Having time for each other
- Having time for hobbies

What positives have you found with your changed lifestyle?

AGAA4 Mon 06-Apr-20 16:00:35

I am cooking more and enjoying it. I don't feel guilty about time spent reading.
I am walking every day now and have gone back to doing yoga but it feels harder than it was 20 years ago.
At least I may be a bit fitter now.

M0nica Tue 07-Apr-20 10:38:41

Being able to concentrate on doing things that have been on my 'To do' list for months and even years.

Living entirely on home cooking and trying out all those recipes I have collected that languish at the back of my recipe box.

GagaJo Tue 07-Apr-20 10:47:07

Baking. Decorating. Reading. Long baths. Time with my GS. None of which I normally have time to do. Lovely!

BlueSky Tue 07-Apr-20 10:47:39

None.

BradfordLass73 Tue 07-Apr-20 10:54:04

It's the slowing down bit I appreciate.

Not for myself, I already had a relaxed and happy lifestyle but I was getting progressively more anxious about my son who was working far too hard.

He has a lot of responsibilty and often has to be in his office after others have gone and is there from early morning; had to give up the gym which he loves as he just didn't have time.

Weekends weren't much better and I could see he was exhausted.

Now he's working from home; no commute, his partner is there as support and he's not up at 5am any longer but can sleep in a little.

I haven't see him but he certainly sounds better when he rings.

So I am grateful for the Lockdown, slowdown.

BBbevan Tue 07-Apr-20 11:01:28

Quite enjoying this slower pace. We go for a walk every morning. Have a coffee when we get home then start on our list of jobs. Quite a long one which includes building a small wall and constructing a pergola. We were going to do these things this summer anyway. But although it is nice to tick something off the list, there is no problem if we do not. We have all the time in the world at the moment and are extremely lucky that we have a large garden. At the moment lovely warm days

May7 Tue 07-Apr-20 13:05:34

My positive is watching my DCs and knowing they are strong and brave and feeling proud that they inherited that from their mixed up family genes.

May7 Tue 07-Apr-20 15:18:34

SallyB392
Theres an April moon out tonight I think it's best seen around 2am. If you are awake and feeling low take a look and wonder at its beauty. I think it's also called a Rose moon because it has a pink tinge to it. The skies are clearer because of less pollution so that's a positive moon