Gransnet forums

Coronavirus

Anti-social behaviour

(4 Posts)
H1954 Sat 11-Apr-20 16:22:43

There is not sentence harsh enough for anyone who deliberately flaunts the advice set out by Westminster. How is it acceptable to have a party, how is it acceptable to congregate in a park, how is it acceptable to lick your own hands and wipe it on foodstuffs, how is it acceptable to spit at anyone, let alone a police officer! Stay at home and behave like a normal human being, it's not essential to deliver Easter Eggs to the grandkids, it is not essential to visit your Granny because it's Easter and she wants to give you a present, it is not essential to meet your mates at the local forest park for a bike ride! Quite why those places are open just escapes any logic! STAY AT HOME!! People are dying because stupid people think they are invincible!

AGAA4 Sat 11-Apr-20 16:37:34

The police have enough to do without having to constantly tell these people to stay at home.
They still have duties in the community eg they found an elderly man had no electricity or food and a 90 year old who was alone and ill at home. They dealt with both of those problems so people who are giving everyone extra work should be thoroughly ashamed of themselves.

M0nica Sat 11-Apr-20 16:38:45

There are always stupid petty criminala and the unhinged about. There is no evidence that it is any worse than before, they have just adjusted their crimes to the circumstances.

If you look at all the surveys, we are being very law abiding, more than other countries where the rules are stricter and I think we would be much more successful in getting the misbehaved to behave if we praised and lauded all those doing as asked instead of always shouting at the ones that don't. All that does is convince them that so many are breaking the rules that they might as well join them.

To be honest I am fed up with constantly being harangued by government ministers threatening total lockdowns etc etc, when they cannot obey the rules themselves.

Punishing the whole class because one miscreant won't confess, has never been a successful disciplinary strategy. it just foments rebellion.

EllanVannin Sat 11-Apr-20 16:55:48

What is very disturbing is the increase in domestic violence. It makes me sick to my stomach to imagine anyone caught up in this especially where there are children.

We should all be thankful that our lives are " normal " through all this and not ruled by some deranged individual never knowing the minute they'll have a brainstorm. I feel for all the poor souls out there whose lives are a living nightmare.