Gransnet forums

Coronavirus

Aemonn Holmes - interested in his comments today

(18 Posts)
Gran52 Mon 13-Apr-20 18:53:38

Having read Aemon Holmes comments in papers today just want to point out there may well be more to current crisis than there seems... is always more than one side to every story. Stay safe all.

kittylester Mon 13-Apr-20 19:05:43

There may well be but it doesnt involve 5G.

Galaxy Mon 13-Apr-20 19:07:35

Indeed I have always been in awe of his scientific knowledge.

Chewbacca Mon 13-Apr-20 19:34:47

The fact that David Icke is heavily embroiled in the 5G conspiracy theory too should be sufficient to make any sane person know that it's a pile of rollocks. I'm more inclined to think that there's some kind of brain addlement that happens to male tv presenters when they reach a certain stage of their career. If Eamon Holmes starts wearing turquoise shell suits, my theory will be correct.

MawB Mon 13-Apr-20 19:41:23

Do you mean Eamonn Holmes ?
The very fact that David Icke is mentioned on the same page as this 5G “conspiracy” theory ought to flag up serious fruitcake alerts

This Morning host Eamonn Holmes has been branded "irresponsible" for comments he made on 5G technology and coronavirus
He spoke out on the ITV show after presenter Alice Beer branded the conspiracy theories which link them as "ridiculous" and "incredibly stupid
Holmes, 60, who was co-presenting with wife Ruth Langsford, responded that "it's very easy to say it is not true because it suits the state narrative
He told Beer: "I totally agree with everything you are saying but what I don't accept is mainstream media immediately slapping that down as not true when they don't know it's not true.
No-one should attack or damage or do anything like that but it's very easy to say it is not true because it suits the state narrative
The presenter added: "That's all I would say, as someone with an inquiring mind

Having an “ enquiring mind” is one thing, “gullible” entirely another.
Don’t forget Donald Trump who back in February (I think ) dismissed it as a Democrat fake news conspiracy”."
Cometh the hour, cometh the fruitcake.

Jane10 Mon 13-Apr-20 19:48:23

grin

quizqueen Mon 13-Apr-20 19:52:16

Many 'conspiracy' theories have been proven to be correct but we will probably not see evidence of most of them in our lifetime. I'm sure they laughed and laughed at the conspiracy truth seekers who thought that the world was round rather than flat. Until things are 100% proven otherwise, I like to keep an open mind and not belittle others' ideas.

Callistemon Mon 13-Apr-20 19:52:45

If Eammon Holmes starts wearing turquoise shell suits
cometh the hour, cometh the fruitcake

Choking on my red wine

Chewbacca Mon 13-Apr-20 19:53:17

I never thought that Eamonn Holmes was a heavy duty tv presenter; it's always been a career of fluff & stuff; but he seems to have had some kind of inner meltdown if he's now reading from the same page as Icke. Ruth needs to give him a good talking to.

MawB Mon 13-Apr-20 20:01:00

??”They all laughed at Christopher Columbus,
When he said the world was round
They all laughed
When Edison invented sound“ ??
gringrin
Then there was David Icke ???

MerylStreep Mon 13-Apr-20 20:11:33

David Icke isn't the only one interested in this topic.
Helena Kennedy QC gave her very interesting views on Radio 4 some weeks ago. If you have an open mind it's very good listening.
The heading is Freedom of Thought. It's still on line.

Glorybee Mon 13-Apr-20 20:11:39

MawB - cometh the hour, cometh the fruitcake - fabulous!!!!

Gran52 Mon 13-Apr-20 21:10:03

Really... and your science qualifications are?

MawB Mon 13-Apr-20 21:14:29

From Wikipedia

Holmes was educated at Holy Family Primary School [4] and St Malachy's College,[2] Belfast. He then studied journalism at the Dublin College of Business Studies

Sorry, just a humble MA me - not a science degree.

Chewbacca Mon 13-Apr-20 21:28:08

Really... and your science qualifications are?

The same as Eamonn Holmes and David Icke's. None.

MawB Mon 13-Apr-20 21:29:19

gringrin

Elegran Mon 13-Apr-20 21:35:31

People did a lot of theoretical and practical things to prove whether or not the earth was round, using observation of natural phenomena (curved horizons, ships seeming to get lower and lower as they got further away, the sun shining right down a well only at certain predictable times) , mathematics and actually sailing round it until they reappeared from the other side. There were still people who didn't believe it - and to this day there is a flat earth society (though I suspect some of the members only joined because it was such a ridiculous thing to belong to)

The suggested link between 5G and a mutated virus doesn't seem to have any research behind it, just someone's hunch - which has been taken up enthusiastically by those who don't understand real science and prefer something mysterious.

crosstalk.cell.com/blog/seven-ways-to-prove-earth-is-round

Callistemon Mon 13-Apr-20 23:28:38

Probably a bit more than Eamonn Holmes and David Icke

Although that might not be saying much!!grin