Gransnet forums

Coronavirus

Why are we bothering, when those who should know better don't (rant coming)

(4 Posts)
Lizbethann55 Wed 15-Apr-20 18:20:30

My daughter works at the local hospital and has two small children. She and her colleagues have been redeployed to ICU to help tend and care for Covid 19 patients on ventilators. She is not happy about it, but times are strange. She is covered from top to toe so is probably as safe as possible. Her next door neighbour has an important nursing role at the local new Nightingale hospital. Today while she (the neighbour) was at work her GD (early teens) visited her grandad and spent the afternoon very close together in the garden. He phoned his daughter (GDs mum) and suggested she join them. Phone was on speaker and my DD and GC were in their garden, so could hear conversation. Neighbours DD said she couldn't come as she had to stay in for 7 days. Now, the only reason you have to do that is if you have it or are symptomatic. So woman probably with it allowed her daughter to walk the streets to visit her grandad to whom she might pass it, who might pass it to his wife who might well take it into the Nightingale hospital, full of sick people.!! I live very close to my DD and physically ache with longing to cuddle my DGC, but won't, because it's not right or fair to do so. But frankly, I wonder why I bother. By the way, this same family had a family party a couple of weeks ago for a relatives birthday. If I knew who to complain to, I would.

Septimia Wed 15-Apr-20 18:25:47

People doing things like that have been fined for anti-social behaviour, according to the news. So perhaps contact the police.

growstuff Wed 15-Apr-20 21:33:39

I expect you bother for the same reason that I do, which is that I am responsible for my own well being and the fact that other people are selfish tw*ts doesn't give me an excuse to be a tw*t.

Nevertheless, I won't be happy if I end up in hospital and somebody who has behaved like a tw*t is given priority over me.

hondagirl Thu 16-Apr-20 08:30:49

As I already posted on another thread you should report people like this. Otherwise they will just carry on regardless.