Gransnet forums

Coronavirus

If only we could make PPE out of plastic bags!

(10 Posts)
notanan2 Mon 04-May-20 18:34:36

Lots of extra things. Double bagging stuff. Containing waste that might be infectious

Callistemon Mon 04-May-20 18:11:18

Our shopping has come in the strong ones which will be filled with stuff for the charity shop or recycled at the shop later.

Callistemon Mon 04-May-20 18:10:01

EllanVannin that cheered me up no end!

Well, not.
DD just said they are coming out of lockdown slowly. However, it is very chilly and apparently there was snow in the south.

ExD Mon 04-May-20 18:00:55

What are you using them for notanan.

notanan2 Mon 04-May-20 17:55:21

Im running out since lockdown!
What am I doing wrong?

Elegran Mon 04-May-20 17:48:17

Try Googling knitting crocheting things from plastic bags . There are lots of patterns and instruction videos online, from nifty tote bags to shower/beach slippers and sleeping mats for the homeless.

EllanVannin Mon 04-May-20 17:06:38

Just read that Australia have got a $billion Aus dollars worth stored in a warehouse in case of a second wave which would be deadly as it's coming up to their winter.

Washerwoman Mon 04-May-20 16:47:51

I know !And if course its essential but the thought of all the PPE used worldwide just as we were starting to tackle plastic pollution is depressing.I'm sure it's incinerated as clinical waste but I hate the thought of the millions of discarded gloves and masks there will be .

AGAA4 Mon 04-May-20 16:35:59

My spare room is full of them. Glad I can get online shopping but having used 'bags for life' for years I feel as though I have gone back in time.
I only had one or two plastic bags in the house before lockdown.

Masquereader Sun 03-May-20 10:19:18

Am I the only person who’s drowning in the things since lockdown? Every time I manage to get a supermarket delivery (yay!) I get loads: they can’t pack the goods loose in crates any more cos of social distancing so everything is in bags, and of course they don’t want them back. After years of trying to reduce my usage to save the planet, this makes me feel bad. I think they go in the recycling, but I wish I could find something useful to do with them ...