Gransnet forums

Coronavirus

Weird instructions from local councils

(7 Posts)
Growing0ldDisgracefully Tue 05-May-20 11:47:26

I thought I'd seen it all but apparently one of the local councils in our area is telling people the safest sex during coronavirus is with yourself..... rather rude I thought as this could be interpreted by some as being told to go f*ck yourself ... .
And another one is now telling people to shout at others they think are flouting lockdown. Surely that's going to lead to confrontations which could escalate. There have already been numerous reports of key workers being abused for going out every day to do their jobs by those who have misunderstood what others have been rightly doing.
I think both of these councils should take a good look at the messages they are sending.

Blinko Tue 05-May-20 13:01:10

I think some local councils live on another planet. One where they relish telling everyone what they can't do, and making pretty well everything as inaccessible as possible. Look at the closure of parks, gardens and even cemeteries and the local tip during the lockdown, when people badly need recreation areas and somewhere to take their rubbish.

We deserve better from local authorities.

Joyfulnanna Tue 05-May-20 13:44:29

Name that council ?

Smileless2012 Tue 05-May-20 13:50:23

Yes, name and shame for their shear stupidity.

BlueSky Tue 05-May-20 16:38:04

It's a joke! I mean the sex advice! grin

growstuff Tue 05-May-20 16:43:47

Bath and North East Somerset

www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/uk-news/council-under-fire-over-inappropriate-18203491

Does the council cover Jacob Rees-Mogg's constituency? shock

PS. I think it's quite sensible advice for people who feel they can't do without sex. Couples who don't co-habit aren't supposed to meet up.

MerylStreep Tue 05-May-20 16:45:26

It's Bath and North East Somerset.