Gransnet forums

Coronavirus

How it is in Yucatan, Mexico

(6 Posts)
ninathenana Thu 07-May-20 17:25:10

Cerfew between 7pm and 5am I wonder how that works with night workers.
Interesting read.

phoenix Thu 07-May-20 17:14:16

Yes ideed!

SueDonim Thu 07-May-20 17:13:28

Oh crumbs, double whammy! ?

phoenix Thu 07-May-20 17:05:51

Not sure, SueDonim my friend posts quite regulary, but her recent ones have been about the massive storms that are hitting the area!

SueDonim Thu 07-May-20 17:02:53

Is it curtailing the infection effectively?

phoenix Thu 07-May-20 16:58:25

Hello all, hope you are safe and well.

I have a friend who lives in Chelem, Mexico.

Wearing face masks has been mandatory for a couple of weeks now, she has posted some photos of lovely embroidered ones made locally! smile

Now, they have a curfew. No one is allowed out between 7pm and 5am, only I person per household allowed out, so she and her partner cannot walk their dogs together.

They run a charity that catches and neuters street dogs, so it is hard for them to continue with this work.

All alcohol sales are prohibited, and although some local restaurants do home delivery, you have to produce documents to prove you have right of residency before you get your food.

The local councils/mayors (or equivalent) have (to an extent) taken the law into their own hands and have posted people at certain points to stop people coming into the area.

The translation sort of says "We don't care if you have documents showing you have a reservation for a hotel, an appartment, or showing that you have bought a casa, we will turn you back and you will not be allowed in."

Pretty strong stuff?