Gransnet forums

Coronavirus

Back to Work Diaries

(6 Posts)
harrysgran Fri 22-May-20 17:53:11

Thanks for replying yes I agree I would have liked to have spoken to the doctor however after two frosty conversations with the receptionist I was told he was busy I feel my next step is to make an appointment work have been understanding and have told me to work from home for another 4 weeks so hopefully by then I will have spoken to doctor I do feel that the whole grouping of different people is confusing especially when the doctors list and government criteria are not the same it makes me now feel I have been isolating to a degree when unnecessary

Sussexborn Fri 22-May-20 17:19:11

If you have other health issues you need to see your GP (not the receptionist) and if necessary challenge whether you should be put on the list. Can you talk to your employer to get their stance on this?

harrysgran Fri 22-May-20 17:13:28

I am confused and worried about returning more so because I have asthma and angina so come under clinically vulnerable or so I thought however on speaking to doctors receptionist today she said i was able to return to work as I wasn't on their risk list so I'm unsure what to do

Bathsheba Mon 18-May-20 09:02:31

Yes I agree with you Furret. There will inevitably be a second wave. These four examples are no doubt replicated thousands of times across the country.

I can't deny that it worries me considerably - not for myself, as I am retired and can stay inside, but for my children and grandchildren, who may not have that choice as time goes on.

Furret Mon 18-May-20 08:22:37

No one interested in reading these? I found them quite shocking. Those who asked ‘will herding the working classes back to work cause a second wave of infection?’ have a clear answer in these four short cases studies.

Yes, it is inevitable.

Furret Sun 17-May-20 09:06:47

What it was like for some who had to return to work last week

Sorry just to post a link but I found these very interesting and worth the read.

Have any GNetters had to face this?