Shopping - stay alert!

(11 Posts)
MawB Mon 18-May-20 13:35:39

Stay alert!

FarNorth Mon 18-May-20 13:46:46

shock. grin

janeainsworth Mon 18-May-20 13:47:08

That is closer to the truth than you might think MawB
Last year MrA and I went to the Alwinton Show.
We were walking round looking at the exhibits, and aware of a presence behind my left shoulder, I started commenting on the artistic triumphs we were looking at.

As no comments seemed to be forthcoming in reply, I turned round only to find I’d been addressing the wrong husband blushblushgrin

Smileless2012 Mon 18-May-20 13:49:04

Thanks for making me laugh MawBgrin.

TerriBull Mon 18-May-20 13:58:51

We sometimes separate once we're inside garden centre or store, the number of times I've seen white haired man in Black Berghaus jacket in winter, or Lacoste polo shirt in the summer, from a distance, and thought there he is ! only to find out it's one of his many dopplegangers and that's without the mask grin I only wear my distance glasses when I'm driving or watching the telly, that's my problem!

Thanks for the cautionary advice Maw, I'll take heed [grin}

Liz46 Mon 18-May-20 14:01:30

I've chatted away about cheese in the supermarket to the wrong husband. I did feel a bit daft.

mrsgreenfingers56 Mon 18-May-20 14:07:34

I did the same on the ski slopes a few years ago. DH always wore a black ski suit and when you have goggles and helmet on everyone looks the same. I skied to a man with black ski suit on and chatted away and wondered why he looked at me blank! I started to laugh saying something like wrong man but he didn't speak English and looked very confused!¬

BlueSky Mon 18-May-20 15:02:02

I often chat to the wrong husband in supermarkets. I turn round and mine has disappeared into thin air!

AGAA4 Mon 18-May-20 15:11:34

MawB that made me grin

Teetime Mon 18-May-20 15:26:04

I do this as I dont wear my specs when I should. I am frequently seen chatting to any tall older man with a beard.

Justwidowed Mon 18-May-20 15:29:20

That made me laugh,some very funny ones coming to me through What's App,but
I don't know how to forward them .