Gransnet forums

Coronavirus

The Lockdown Gang - on parole!

(1001 Posts)
Doodle Sun 31-May-20 14:37:15

Welcome to all on the shielded list and those not going out (much) .

Doodle Wed 05-Aug-20 18:49:39

I think this is the last one. I’m just trying to track down Jeeves then move us all over to the new place. I will leave a trail of crumbs for you to follow ?

Doodle Wed 05-Aug-20 18:48:34

Right gangsters. We are on 998 posts so this will be 999 and then we will be cut off at 1000. I am going to post this then start our new thread.

Thanks to cherry’s good idea, it will be called The Lockdown Gang - Carry on Regardless. Regardless of whether or not we are in lockdown. Please feel free to post whenever you want. I would love to see you all there ?

Doodle Wed 05-Aug-20 18:39:31

grammaretto sorry to hear your DH isn’t feeling much better. Sleep is good but it doesn’t sound as though he’s feeling well at all. Have you phoned his GP /Consultant to check if he’s ok.
Did your yarn group like your cardi?
cherry oh dear and I was hoping you’d sleep well. Glad you didn’t fall out of bed though. Hope you are ok.
Sorry to hear your WP had a bad night due to pain. My DH has stomach trouble similar to IBS but not painful just really annoying. He takes lots of meds for his various ailments many of which make him sleepy but then he often ( 3 or 4 times a week) has to get up and walk around for an hour or two as he feels irritation in his stomach or legs. He is not in pain though. I think that is more difficult to deal with for your WP and you. Wish your WP would go and see a GP . It is certainly worth trying.
Yes I hope our new neighbours are ok. Yours are a pain but at least they are not as close to you as ours are (living underneath us). We are lucky in the flats being purpose built, so that if the neighbours are considerate we don’t hear anything. If however they are not.....we will bring the wrath of the management committee down on them ?

CherryCezzy Wed 05-Aug-20 16:38:34

Oh before I forget I do want to send my well wishes to Marydoll, dragonfly and Mrs & Mr Panache. I hope you are okay too Missedout ????

CherryCezzy Wed 05-Aug-20 16:35:52

Good afternoon everyone. Well it would be if it a) wasn't so grey and wet and b) if I hadn't had another seizure in the night ?. I didn't fall out of bed though ?.
Other than that, yes thank you I'm having a good day Grammaretto ?

Megs it was me who asked where your DH had gone, thanks for answering. I hope he booked to have his haircut if he was hoping to get it done today, it's hard getting appointments where I live.

BradfordLass sorry you had to go home early from the Communicare morning. It was truly lovely of Alison to take you home early, only sorry to hear you felt so unwell you had to go to bed. You say you experience these episodes from time to time, do you know why? I'm sorry if you've told us in the past and I've forgotten. It sounds like there is an underlying condition causing the problem. As for not being a genuine ailment I have to disagree. If it has adverse effects upon you then it is. In addition, I hardly think that the problem you have with your eyesight and deterioration in your right eye is not a genuine ailment. As for moaning , we are hear to listen and lend our support and I hardly think what you have written is moaning . I hope you are feeling much better today ?

Sorry to hear that your DH is still unwell Grammaretto and that he couldn't keep the medicine down. That's an extra frustration when it is meant to help. I hope, for you both, he recovers quickly.
Well, it might have been a small yarn group but sometimes little gatherings are the best and at least it gave opportunity to meet indoors ?

Oh Doodle another poor night for Mr Doodle. I can empathise with you, my WP too had another bad night. He was in too much pain again to sleep ?. He's reluctant to make an appointment with the GP as he thinks it's not important enough and they won't be able to do anything anyway. I hope your DH has a better night tonight ?
I've also got my ? that whenever they move in that your new neighbours will be nice friendly considerate people. It can be a real pain in the arse annoyance when one has horrible difficult neighbours. You are aware of some of the issues me and my WP have had with neighbours, I wouldn't wish my neighbours on anyone.

My cuppa's getting cold whilst I'm typing this so I'm off to enjoy it ?

Grammaretto Wed 05-Aug-20 15:36:59

Good luck with the new neighbours Doodle let's hope they are very nice.
DM lived in a housing association flat for her last 25 years and on summer evenings it could get noisy. One young neighbour was playing his ghetto blaster full volume so she asked him to turn it down as she didn't share his taste in music. "Well I don't like your opera on full blast either" said the young man!
Only 4 of us met to yarn indoors but distanced. I made a mask by hand as I'm having a problem with the sewing machine.
DH is still quite poorly and just wants to sleep.
How are you Cherry ? I hope you are having a good day.

Doodle Wed 05-Aug-20 11:26:15

cherry hope you had a good and uneventful sleep last night.
Well, maybe some exciting dreams but no falling out of bed ?
bradfordlass that’s a shame you weren’t feeling to well. Good job Alison got you home as bed sounds just the place. Hope you recover from this nasty bout quickly.
That’s not good news about your eyesight. Is there anything that can be done to help or ease the pain.
bradfordlass you do not moan. Having genuine problems is not moaning and you certainly aren’t one of life’s moaners.
Shame you missed your community dinner but I expect a quiet night and an audio book were much more what you needed. I do hope you feel back to your usual self soon.
megs your DH is getting adventurous ? Good luck with the haircut. My DH certainly needs one.
grammaretto sorry your DH is no better yet. Can the GP give him something to stop him feeling sick?
Hope you get a chance to show off your cardi to the yarn group. Don’t forget to take a photo to show them if you can’t make this weeks meeting.

I am wondering about our missing gangsters too. I know Marydoll is quite poorly with her latest treatment by checking on the GM thread,
I worry MrP was not too good last we heard. Hope things are getting better for them.
Not heard from dragonfly for a while. If you’re reading, hope you are coping ok.
DH had another restless night last night so we had a late start this morning. Our downstairs neighbours are moving out today. They were very nice people. We wait to see who arrives next. The apartment is a rental one so we get frequent changes. Some good......some not so good. Fingers crossed, we shall wait and see.
Hope everyone has a good day.

Grammaretto Wed 05-Aug-20 10:28:23

So sorry you missed out on the community meal Bradfordlass but glad you had a peaceful night with your audio book.
DH is still unwell and vomited his medicine. I said he was a difficult patient
I am trying to divert the yarn group from meeting here. I had thought as it had stopped raining they could still sit in the garden but it looks like we will be calling off now. For the best, as they say!
I did want to show off the finished cardi. I haven't another project yet either.

What fun to be seeing all your family today Mamissimo and planning to eat in a restaurant, AND having your garden on tele!! Such a lot of excitement. I need a wee lie down.
Any news from our other Ms? our Dragonfly, our Panache and NfkD? and of course our Doodle ?

Megs36 Wed 05-Aug-20 10:20:26

NFLK He went to local shop where he used to pick up paper and was amazed to be recognised even with mask on!! TODAY he plans to try for a haircut whilst I wait in the car. Watch this space ...?‍♂️

BradfordLass73 Wed 05-Aug-20 05:57:53

Poor Mr.Grammaretto I hope the morn's morn sees him better.
Reading about being unfocussed and suffering from brain fag - I was so bad this morning at Communicare, I had to come home early. Wimp smile

At these times, I'm not just a cotton-wool brain but go very pale and become intolerant of noise and there's a very noisy 2 hour zumba class next to our room, with only flimsy dividing doors.

I thought I'd go mad and in addition, felt exhausted and sick. sad
Alison, godloveher, brought me home and I went straight to bed, blessing the circumstances which allow me to do just as I please.
I have these bouts every now and then and mercifully, they don't last long. I'll be as right as a trivet tomorrow.

Has anyone heard from marydoll, panache dragonfly and the others who have genuine ailments?

After our gorgeous yesterday, there was frost on the lawn this morning and it's been bitterly cold, with sporadic sunshine.

It seems I've lost a bit more vision in my right eye; I had suspected it as I've had a lot of pain but it still comes as shock. Blimey, I'm just a load of moans tied up in a yooman skin today aren't I? grin

Under these circumstances I wasn't too bothered when the lady who was supposed to take us to the Community Dinner, made excuses and withdrew. A quiet night in, patrolling with young Jeeves and listening to an audio book will suit me just fine. flowers

Wishing everyone a better day.

CherryCezzy Tue 04-Aug-20 23:39:11

Just popping in to see goodnight.
I'm off to dream.
So I'll turn off the light.

Don't worry BradfordLass or anyone else you can turn them on again, it won't disturb me ?

Catch up with you all tomorrow ?

Night all ?

Doodle Tue 04-Aug-20 23:13:23

mamissimo how nice to have all your children over for lunch. Is it a special occasion or just a nice family get together?
We like quickies too. Your salads sound nice. Hope you all have a good time.
My DH needs a really good trim too. We don’t have clippers just a pair of scissors but I think I will have to do something with him soon. He has little wings either side of his head now.? Your son sounds a talented chap. How nice of him to pass on some skills to his niece.
Ooh one of our gangsters will be famous ?. Fancy having your garden on the TV. Yes please let us know if it is.
Hope the weather is good for your lunch.
grammaretto really sorry to hear your DH is not feeling to good. It is worrying when those we love are not well Hope he sleeps tonight and feels better in the morning.
Do you have much rain coming in? That’s a real nuisance. Hope it’s not doing any damage.
What a shame about your DS’s FIL . It happens to so many people but this added difficulty of covid testing too makes things even worse. Hope his test is negative and he gets his op soon.
Your cake thief seemed doomed to be caught I think. He obviously hadn’t realised he was leaving footprints.
Take care all.

Grammaretto Tue 04-Aug-20 22:33:39

It's been a rather sad day here as DH has been quite unwell and I had to call the doctor. He is a teeny bit better tonight but he is not a good invalid and whatever I suggest he just groans and looks awful. He's been in bed most of the day.
It has been raining solidly too and water is coming in which I am trying not to notice.

Then DS phoned. His FiL has been waiting for a heart operation since before lockdown and had at last been given a date, for yesterday but as he was left at the hospital (his wife couldn't go in) he was told there had been 2 emergencies so his op was to be put back until later in the week but since he had been to the hospital he would have to be tested for covid and wait until he'd isolated etc. Now all this could have been done with a phonecall.

That story of the cake thief was years ago and the thief was caught! He had huge feet and it had been snowing. His footprints were traced in the snow. He was a drug addict and rather a pathetic character.

I'm glad some others have had nice sunny weather. There were beautiful pictures of the Gower on TV today.

Hope you have a good night Cherry I hope everyone has a good night - even Jeeves.

Mamissimo Tue 04-Aug-20 21:53:42

Good evening everyone.....I've finally sat down to catch up and I'm in danger of nodding off. All my D.C. are coming for lunch tomorrow and it's a bit short notice - but lovely. We had to cram tomorrow's chores into today and prepare a cold collation. Can I send Jeeves away and have Badfordlass instead forc24 hrs? That menu sounded just the ticket.

In a bid to keep on top of the veggie harvest I've made a carrot and lemon salad, a french bean salad and Swedish Beetroot and apple salad - and a quickie as DH calls it ?

DH decided he must have a haircut this morning so I set to with the clippers - he has a number 6 all over and issues orders instructions to make sure I do it properly. Well I'm not going to do it again! It's back to the barbers for him.

My live at home DS is a more than passable guitarist and he gave his first niece a ukulele for her first birthday. She's bringing it tomorrow so that he can show her how it works...he's got perfect pitch and we haven't got a clue where that came from. When he took his first piano exam the examiner burst into the waiting room wanting to know who the mother of his candidate was...my heart hit my boots, thinking he'd done something awful...but the poor man was just very excited about the pitch business. I firmly believe we all have a surprising talent but many of us never discover what it is.

Doodle - our garden is being photographed because it may be used in a TV programme. Can't tell you which one but if it happens I'll let you all know.

We've bitten the bullet and booked ourselves a lunch out next week under the government half price scheme - it will be an utter treat as we usually eat out often and have missed it. It's fish - I love good fish.

If you're reading Panache I'm thinking of you and hoping you're bearing up.

Sleep tight everyone

Doodle Tue 04-Aug-20 20:52:03

grammaretto it sounds like the burglar who broke into your art centre didn’t appreciate any of the art but only wanted the shortbread. Shame about all the doors. Why do people do this.
We have had lovely weather today. Sorry it’s been so bad with you. Will your DS and his family visit with you when they come north for their holiday? I’m sure they will have fun. Children can often amuse themselves on holiday. How old are they? We can always get Jeeves to dress up as a pony and give them rides round the garden ?
cherry it must be quite disconcerting when you have a session of brain fade. Are you aware at the time or is it only later you realise what is happening?
Our NT walk was good. Last week it was very hot and sunny. Today it was pleasantly warm but overcast. There were lots of young families out and about and it was fun watching the toddlers stomping about on sturdy little legs and doing roly poly down the slopes. We came back and sat on the balcony with a glass of wine. DH is now trying to finalise our Waitrose order. From the deep sighs, exasperated groans and exclamations coming from his direction, I take it that the internet is playing up. ?
cherry your clubbing days may be over but mine never started. I don’t think I have ever been ‘clubbing’ in my life. I think I have missed out, ?
Hope you enjoy your programme. Not heard of that one.
DH has been very tired recently so we will try for an early night I think.
Hope everyone has a good night.

CherryCezzy Tue 04-Aug-20 19:44:09

Good evening fellow parolees ?

Doodle, I hope Mr Doodle's brain fade is nothing like mine; you do know that my zombie antics happened during a seizure don't you? ? ?. Ironically the characteristics are quite similar to that you describe. I find it incredibly hard to concentrate, become absent minded and find it hard to follow things like conversations or what I'm watching or reading and yes very disconnected. I feel incredibly tired, mentally and physically ?
I'm glad Mr Doodle is on the mend ?. I'm also pleased that basically the nurse agreed (even if she didn't quite say that) that he was right to stop the antibiotics. You never know for certain how the medical profession will react if you don't follow prescribed treatment to the letter, no matter what.
Aww that was so lovely of Mr Doodle to frame your painting ?. You obviously did a great job ?. I think it's a great idea to do another in the winter, it may also be a good hint for a Christmas present ?
Hope the weather has been good where you are for your NT visit. It's not been the best of days to venture out on walks here today - nothing but mizzle here ?. Hope you enjoyed yourselves ?
Love the picture of the running bean by the way ?. When my niece was little and we went to a supermarket she used to tap (as if smacking) the whole chickens and say "naughty chicken". Now roast chickens are naughty chickens ?

Nflk it's very confusing still isn't it. My niece had two friends staying over on Saturday night (own bathroom) but knew she still couldn't hug them. My nephew stayed at her house but he put a tent up in the garden as he couldn't stay inside because that would have meant three separate households mixing and not two. Needless to say she couldn't hug her brother either, or us when we went to her outdoor Birthday gathering.
It must have been so lovely to, at least, have your DGD2 stay overnight and spend some time together ?

Well Mamissimo are you now a millionaire? My mother won £25 on premium bonds once ?.
I remember the coke floats and I also remember not liking them ?. I love your skippetti, I remember
extra long spaghetti but I'm not sure it was quite long enough to skip with ?

Yummy ? looking food BradfordLass. I especially love the look of your bread. I'm not surprised is was gone in under 60 seconds ?. I am a little surprised that none of your guests had never eaten bread fresh from the oven before. They have missed out before now. They obviously enjoyed themselves and I'm sure you did too ?
You live much more in land than I do BradfordLass. On this little island (some people dislike that description) I live around 1.2km from the sea. I've lived in other places less close to the sea but I'd miss it if I moved now.

Meg's, you didn't say where to or for how long your DH gone to on his own but wherever and for ever long I'm sure he would have been very careful and cautious and therefore it is highly likely that he was safe ?.
My clubbing days are over, it's funny when I say that people always assume that it's because I have epilepsy. It isn't ?. I'm not photosensitive I'm just not keen on the music they play in clubs.

When did someone break in to the art centre Grammaretto? Recently? It's disgusting, not just that someone has broken in but that they caused so much damage for so little gain. There are words for these people but I don't like to say them.
That's just one of an endless list of frustrations about this virus, local attractions and activities closed up. Okay, in the scheme of things not important and restrictions being lifted is being blamed (may be true) for the increase in the infection rate but still ... we all need outlets, none more so than children.

Right, I've still got a couple of jobs to do before I settle to watch "The deceived", I recorded yesterday's so I've got that one to watch first (if it's good I'll watch the rest).

Grammaretto Tue 04-Aug-20 11:55:13

Ooh clubbing Megs now there's a thought. grin

I'm not surprised that loaf vanished Bradfordlass it looks heavenly.
In fact I may go and have a second breakfast. Toast and marmalade and coffee on this driech day would be just the ticket, except that I have yoga in less than an hour and it's best not to have a full stomach.

Talking of food disappearing - we have a local art centre which is just a terraced house but manages to have a lovely cafe downstairs and a craft shop and art gallery upstairs. All the internal doors are locked at night. Someone broke in by scaling an outside pipe and climbing in upstairs he then forced every lock (and damaged the doors)
The only thing missing, apart from a very small amount of cash, was the chocolate shortbread from the kitchen.

Rain and more rain. This weather reminds me of camping holidays when we were children. Once we had to have duck boards at the entrance to the inner tent.

Our DS and his family, who live down south, are coming north to holiday near DD and her family but they'll have to make their own fun as local attractions are still closed and if they are open they are packed. I thought I would try to book pony trecking or canoeing but nothing is open.

Thinking of all the gang today and hope you are surviving.

Doodle Tue 04-Aug-20 10:55:25

bradfordlass I am drooling reading what you had for lunch. It all sounds delicious. I love the flavour of passion fruit and that cheesecake looks yummy. I could eat that whole loaf of bread all to myself. I bet your guests enjoyed themselves. ?
More fun memories. I too remember the x ray machines when buying shoes, I used to love that.
Shame you can’t get to the sea more often . The coast there sounds lovely.
We are off to the NT place again this afternoon. Lovely walks there and the views are great as it’s so high
megs I hope your DH has gone equipped with mask, gloves and hand sanitizer ? My DH has gone out twice on his own to the surgery to get his arm seen to. I was glad when he got back too.
Thinking of all our gangsters. Have a good day all.

Megs36 Tue 04-Aug-20 09:57:32

Hello all, not up to speed with you all but still trying?
This morning my husband has gone out on his own!!! First time since his ‘release’ on Saturday, I have been leaving him in the car if we pop to a local shop. Won’t rest till he gets back.
Hope all on parole are coping, we don’t intend to go clubbing yet.......

BradfordLass73 Tue 04-Aug-20 05:43:48

Doodle It is indeed the floating deck and carpark and spoils the lovely, quiet bay. sad

I'm about 12km from the sea and on a day like today, which has been gloriously sunny and warm (enough for just a t-shirt) I wish I could get to it. The West Coast is rougher and wilder with black sand.

Gosh the list of school clothes brought back memories, although my socks were grey and I wore Clarks shoes.

Mum used to take me to a shop which had a sort of X-ray device. You stood with feet inside and looked down and could see your bones inside your shoes. Fascinating.

It's been a very busy but happy day for me.

I was up early to make a rustic seeded loaf to go with the carrot soup I was serving my 5 lunchtime guests.

Last night I'd made the specially-requested Passionfruit Cheesecake, so no work there.

Main course was savoury minced beef with tomato, capsicum and onion, layered with thinly sliced spuds, topped with a fluffy cheese sauce and baked.

This was supposed to be a cold weather menu but it's been hot and sunny sunshine sunshine sunshine

Sides were roasted garlicky yams and coleslaw.
NZ yams are different to those elsewhere (see pic) I know they look like fat pink larvae but they are delicious.

That loaf took about half a minute to disappear; not one person had ever eaten bread fresh from the oven before. shock

Despite all this activity, I was still thinking about dragonfly P&MrP Marydoll and Missedout and wishing they had the same comfort and happiness we were enjoying.
It's so sad when friends are sick.

Brian Blessed got into trouble for bellowing, "B***er Off Corona virus!" on live TV but so many people agreed.
Maybe instead of clapping we should stand shouting?
At least it'd vent a bit of our anger smile

Now I'm off to tackle the washing up - yes, my guests offered to do it but I'm a bit eco-conscious and only do it once a day.

Having had a boiled egg and colesaw (you can tell I'm addicted eh?) for tea, it's now time to clear the kitchen and wipe the oven of the drips which leaped out of the casserole.

Glad to hear Jeeves is behaving himself.

Doodle Mon 03-Aug-20 21:49:28

mamissimo why is your garden being photographed, if you don’t mind me asking? Sounds fun.
Ah. You have running beans and we have silly peas (they keep rolling off the plate ?)
Wow, that was a big win on the lottery ?. Will you still want to know us if you win big on the premium bonds? I won £25 once ...the excitement ?
Glad to hear Jeeves is pulling his weight at last. Make sure he does a good job with those borders. We don’t want him letting you down. ?

Mamissimo Mon 03-Aug-20 21:30:09

It's been a busy day and I dOnt really know where its gone. We heard today that our garden is going to be photographed so we have to get it Spick and span by next week. This will be a challenge because I have the DGDs coming on Wednesday and my pre-op assessment on Thursday and then it's the heatwave. Spicking and spanning will have to happen tomorrow!

My DDs used to call them running beans! We also eat loin Lion chops, skippetti and a coke float (remember them ?) is gin & ice cream.

It's Premium Bond day today so I'm on the edge of my seat...I won the lottery last week, well £3.70 so I'm on a roll.

Sending a shoulder to all who need it - when things go wrong it seems harder to sort it these days. I do hope things are manageable for The Ps and Marydoll and that Missedout's knee is on the mend.

Jeeves has kindly offered to help with my borders so please don't expect too much from him later.....

Sleep tight!

Doodle Mon 03-Aug-20 21:00:25

Grammaretto it was the running beans that made me laugh.
Glad the cardigan is finished. I bet your DGD loves it. ?
I too wish this virus would go away. Those of us who have played by the rules and stayed in lockdown keeping awhay from others have been apart long enough. It’s the party and seaside groups who are inconsiderate of us lot shielding.

Jeeves is being on his best behaviour. He likes it here. He knows he’s on to something good with us lot. I think he’s got a soft spot for us all. Actually I think he really likes bradfordlass telling him what to do. He likes a strong woman ?
cherry don’t go wandering around at night. You’ll frighten Jeeves. I think you were right about him by the way. A short sharp shock has made him realise how lucky he is here with us and he’s back to being his useful self.
My painting is finished cherry thanks for asking. To be honest (not wishing to brag ?) I am very pleased with it.
DH likes it so much he has had it framed for me. When I started, I never thought I would finish it. Painting by numbers has come on a lot since my childhood days. It took me a long time but I am really pleased with it. I intend to do another this winter.
DH is better thanks. He went to see the nurse today and has to go back next week but that will probably be the final dressing. One of his wounds is uncovered now to let the scab heal and dry. He is feeling much better now he has stopped the antibiotics. The nurse said he was very good to have taken them for 5 days under the circumstances,
I wonder if your brain fade is something like DH when some days he says to me he feels all fuzzy and disconnected and not quite with it. That is usually after a bad night with little sleep.
Hope you feel better,
nfk that’s it,. You tell that virus where to go.
Nice to have your DGD to stay. I really miss my hugs with our DGC. I love them so much. Air hugs aren’t quite the same. ?
DH is dozing in his chair. We were up early for his nurse appointment and he often has disturbed sleep so he gets tired quite a lot. We had a nice walk by the river. Quieter today as it’s not weekend. Had a 30 minute battle with the zip on DHs jacket which got caught in the lining. It was stuck fast and I really didn’t think I could fix it but eventually it gave way without damaging the fabric. I have now sewn the lining away from the zip so hope it won’t get caught again. DH is very pleased ?
marydoll I saw today on the GM thread that again you are not feeling well. I am so sorry. I truly hope you feel better soon and get some benefit from this treatment.
dragonfly not seen you recently. Hope you are ok.
panache often in my thoughts as is MrP . I so hope MrP is feeling a bit better. Take care and keep safe.

NfkDumpling Mon 03-Aug-20 19:41:01

That's exactly it Grammaretto. I too resent Covid. It should have b******d off by now instead of re-emerging seemingly randomly. Resent. That's the word.

DGD2 went home at lunch time today. She didn't hug her granddad goodbye and wasn't going to me either as she said she didn't think she was in our 'Bubble' - she's with her other GPs. It hadn't occurred to her that she'd stayed overnight. But an overnight stay seems ok now. Still not sure about that hug!

CherryCezzy Mon 03-Aug-20 19:02:27

Hello gang

I'm experiencing a bit of brain fade today, I think the 4am zombie walk did it ? ?. Apparently I was struggling with the sliding door to get out of the bedroom. I have no recollection of it at all ?

Thanks for the heads-up about the art club programme being on All 4 Doodle I will check it out ?

Your local marina looks more like part of the Bay marina here BradfordLass, except that the Bay is about 4 times the size but it is the main one locally.
Sorry that you didn't get to see your DGD in the end, I hope she can make it this coming weekend ?

Grammaretto I'm sure you won't lose the links you've made. It's not as if you have chosen to move so I imagine they'll be very supportive.
Pleased that you saw your DGD yesterday, even though it was brief and it appeared that your DD had an ulterior motive ? in hoping the cardigan was finished ?

Sorry to hear that you are another casualty of antibiotic side effects Mamissimo. I hope it has eased off now.

I had to do it Doodle. We have all got fond of him I know but he did need to buck up his ideas. The mention of hiring a replacement has worked a treat. He'd better keep it up though as I will have to sack him if he doesn't. No, it's no good saying "ah, poor Jeeves" since Jeeves needs to know his place ?
By they way, how is your painting coming on?
I hope your DH has recovered from the side effects and his injury now too.

I'm not sure I will be back later, see whether the brain fade improves ?

This discussion thread has reached a 1000 message limit, and so cannot accept new messages.
Start a new discussion