Gransnet forums

Coronavirus

Some Peoples Complete Rudness

(17 Posts)
Ascot12 Mon 01-Jun-20 13:02:28

Three times this weekend I have been in a que patiently waiting with others doing likewise at the fishmonger a lady ask where the end of the que is looks then trots off to the front and ask a man if she can come in because its so hot she doesn’t think she could wait, not sure why but he lets her in, then another lady ask the fishmonger if she could just get a couple of bits quickly thankfully he turned her away, then waiting again at the DIY store a man comes past quite a big que asking people to move no social distancing at all and tries to push in because he wants to return something.
I know its boring queuing but why do some people think they are more important than everybody else and they shouldn’t have to wait, I can’t help but get annoyed.

Oopsminty Mon 01-Jun-20 13:06:18

Because they are selfish idiots

Not surprised you get annoyed

Sussexborn Mon 01-Jun-20 13:18:01

Never quite sure if I envy or loathe these people! I do appreciate that society would breakdown completely if we all behaved in this way but 9/10 they get what they want.

FlexibleFriend Mon 01-Jun-20 13:21:34

My son was at the chemist the other day, with just him and one other in the queue a woman came up walked to the front peering through the window and said she was just looking to make sure they had what she wanted. The person inside came out and the elderly man at the front went in. She then turned to my son (30) and said you don't mind if I go first do you as I only want one thing. His reply was so do I and as I'm the only other person here it won't kill you to wait and mine is on prescription and needed urgently. Her response was there's no need to be rude. Hmmmm Pot and kettle methinks.

EllanVannin Mon 01-Jun-20 13:22:11

Which is why I'm in no hurry to get to the shops. My life doesn't depend on it I'm glad to say.

I couldn't be like that if I tried. You'd probably find that those pushy type aren't nice people anyway.

Puzzler61 Mon 01-Jun-20 13:25:40

My DH and I don’t mind waiting in queues, but my late MIL was very impatient (or thought she was entitled to barge to the front of any queue). She felt her increased age was a good reason. We have cringed and apologised on her behalf many’s the time when we’ve taken her out.

Rosalyn69 Mon 01-Jun-20 13:30:09

Happened to me in the prescriptions queue today when a man told me I was in the wrong queue and tried to push in. I told him very tartly that I was in the right queue and he’d have to wait. He was very huffy. I’m a feisty old bitch.

May7 Mon 01-Jun-20 13:42:38

I'm more than happy to stand in a queue for something I need otherwise I wouldn't bother being there and if someone has only a few things then I would offer to let them go in front of me.

It makes me laugh when people push in as it either shows up their rudeness or a sadness because they are not able to wait. We dont always know the reason.
What appears to be pushy sometimes is embarrassment or at the moment I suspect fear.

My grandmother was 97 and always went to the front of the queue in her later years. If challenged she'd say^ I'm 97 I've no time left to be wasted standing in a line and then give that person a sweet.

tanith Mon 01-Jun-20 13:48:49

My daughter works in a large store that’s been open all through and because she’s a tall no nonsense person she’s on the till by the door and controls the one in one out system.

When people come up to the door with one excuse or the other as to why they can jump the queue she says ‘ask all the people in the queue if they mind’, they give her look then appeal to the queue, who collectively shout NO! get to the back. Then they either slink to the back or storm off in a huff. She’s loving it when people power works.

tanith Mon 01-Jun-20 13:50:14

Of course if it’s an older customer or disable she makes allowances. Should of made that clear

BlueSky Mon 01-Jun-20 14:23:46

I'm afraid it's usually older people (not us!grin) who try and push in front with various excuses. I'm afraid age alone is not a good enough reason!

25Avalon Mon 01-Jun-20 14:30:46

Tanith I love it!
Ascot12 I hate any kind of rudeness and queue jumping is one of them. In the past when I used to go shopping I often let people go before me if they only had a few things to buy.

quizqueen Mon 01-Jun-20 14:44:52

A man asked me once when I was younger if he could go in front of me. I said, 'No, your time is no more important than mine.'

Occasionally if I am unpacking a full trolley load and someone comes up with the odd item behind me, I will usually let them go ahead but NEVER if they ask.

grannylyn65 Mon 01-Jun-20 14:55:51

Rudeness as in unnecessary CapiTals ??

H1954 Mon 01-Jun-20 15:06:25

Good on you Rosalyn69! I would have said exactly the same thing! Some people just don't get it do they? Shops are doing their best to accommodate customers, areas are marked our for everyone's safety and access to a shop premises is restricted for OUR safety, not just because someone feels like being awkward! If we have to queue when shopping we just wait our turn, pass the time of day with folk around us and always, always, always tell the shop staff what a great job they're doing! What's the point in being rude and obnoxious?

grannysyb Mon 01-Jun-20 15:34:56

Our Tesco here is very good, entrance from car park at the back, exit from the front. One very rude old man thought he could do his own thing today, staff member called him out, he was really rude to her and then tried to jump the payment queue. When she told him to join the queue he shouted at her again and I shouted at him! He told me to p.... off and then a large male member of staff told him to go and so he didn't get his shopping, silly old fool! Age is no excuse for rudeness.

TrendyNannie6 Mon 01-Jun-20 15:43:14

I could never push in front of anyone, it’s so rude, apparently there’s queues everywhere but since I haven’t been out shopping for weeks I can’t even imagine it