Gransnet forums

Coronavirus

Test, Trace, Track and Isolate

(8 Posts)
GGumteenth Wed 03-Jun-20 18:21:04

I thought it might be worth having any information we can gather on this on one thread.

Having just heard that the person running this system cannot tell us how many tests are being turned round in 24 hours I was wondering if anyone had heard anything good about it.

Johnson did not stick to waiting for us to get to Level 3 and T, T, T and I is not working or does someone have better news?

vampirequeen Wed 03-Jun-20 18:46:42

Even Jeremy Hunt was amazed that she had no idea.

varian Wed 03-Jun-20 20:02:55

The person running this world beating tracking and tracing system is the wife of a Tory MP and she didn't seem to have a clue what was going on.

Jomarie Wed 03-Jun-20 20:46:04

Oh dear; oh dear; oh dear; - sorry my needle seems to be stuck ! That seems to be all I can say about all of this awful situation with CV19 - could add why? why? why? Neither of which are particularly helpful phrases but it all gets a bit exhausting or is it just me?

GGumteenth Wed 03-Jun-20 20:51:40

Watching the Jeremy Hunt interview his answer to the failings so far that were put to him did not have him huffing and puffing and blaming others. He said something along the lines of we have to remember we came from a standing start. The government have to accept this and understand that they need to take the other parties and other nations with them.

Watching Sky's "After the Pandemic" the scientists speaking on it are quite convinced we will have a second spike and perhaps a third so we must get the T,T,T & I up to the best standard we can and that can only happen by being honest about where we are now.

GGumteenth Thu 04-Jun-20 22:54:09

Headline in the Guardian tomorrow "NHS test-and-trace system 'not fully operational until September'"

www.theguardian.com/society/2020/jun/04/nhs-track-and-trace-system-not-expected-to-be-operating-fully-until-september-coronavirus.

Pumpkinpie Fri 05-Jun-20 11:28:13

World beating app my !!!!!
More examples of Mates Given lucrative tenders before public safety !
Speechless by this

Daftbag1 Fri 05-Jun-20 21:36:03

Apparently the app won't start to go live until the end of the month......but wasn't the justification for lifting the lockdown based on this app going live (no of course not it was to deflect from the government's in house fiction writer Cummins)!