Gransnet forums

Coronavirus

Rules not clear

(7 Posts)
grannyrebel7 Fri 03-Jul-20 20:47:06

Does anyone know if when visiting family (we're finally able to see our kids/grandkids after 4 long months!) are there rules about hugging, kissing, social distancing etc. when families meet up?

NotAGran55 Fri 03-Jul-20 21:04:59

Google ‘ Guidelines from July’

1.1 What can I do that I couldn’t do before?
From 4 July:

you can meet in groups of up to two households (your support bubble counts as one household) in any location - public or private, indoors or outdoors. You do not always have to meet with the same household - you can meet with different households at different times. However, it remains the case - even inside someone’s home - that you should socially distance from anyone not in your household or bubble. This change also does not affect the support you receive from your carers
when you are outside you can continue to meet in groups of up to six people from different households, following social distancing guidelines

Ellianne Fri 03-Jul-20 21:13:36

Same here grannyrebel. I think the hardest bit will be at bedtime when I usually tuck them in with lots of cuddles and kisses.
Lots of handwashing all weekend.

grannyrebel7 Fri 03-Jul-20 21:31:14

I know, Elliane, it's going to be really strange, but better than nothing after all these months.

Franbern Sat 04-Jul-20 09:09:53

Now added that groups of 30 can meet up!!!

Franbern Sun 05-Jul-20 09:16:53

So, now sports people arriving in UK do not have to self-isolate.

It does appear that our wonderful PM has decided to revert back to his original policy of 'herd immunity' in order to 'Spend', 'Shop', ;Protect the Economhy'

Happygirl79 Sun 05-Jul-20 10:22:09

I think the whole thing has been one big mess
I think we all have to take as much care as possible and personal responsibility for others as well as ourselves