Gransnet forums

Coronavirus

Trumps Drive By

(262 Posts)
suziewoozie Sun 04-Oct-20 23:31:28

Did this really happen or have I fallen down the rabbit hole?

MayBee70 Tue 06-Oct-20 17:50:15

Dr John Campbell’s latest blog goes into great detail about the cocktail of drugs he’s on and some seem to counteract the benefits of others. Dexamethasone is usually only given to people that are very seriously ill. If I donated my plasma I’d be really braised off to find Trump had been given it!

Grannynannywanny Tue 06-Oct-20 17:08:51

Just reading there are now 15 of his inner circle who’ve tested positive.

suziewoozie Tue 06-Oct-20 16:56:02

Facebook have deleted a post from DT saying flu is more deadly than the virus. Twitter have placed it under a warning that it is not true.

Whitewavemark2 Tue 06-Oct-20 16:39:01

varian

A frightening prediction from Bannon

www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPdsnBUiPyw

Blimey! That’s why Trump is saying so much about postal votes. He is trying to brainwash his supporters into believing that somehow the postal voting system is fraudulent. There is going to be hell to pay it seems to me.

AGAA4 Tue 06-Oct-20 16:37:44

Trump is on dextamethasone which a doctor said can hide symptoms of Covid and can make him feel good.
He was visibly finding breathing difficult when he was on the balcony.
He has told the American people not to fear Covid as they will be fine. I wonder what those who have lost loved ones think of that?
He is totally irresponsible.

trisher Tue 06-Oct-20 15:57:30

Good joke on the News Quiz- of course we hope Trump gets better, in fact we really wish he would get better.

Annaram1 Tue 06-Oct-20 15:29:44

If he was really sick and the doctors cured him with various drugs I do hope they tell the world's doctors about the cocktail of drugs so that others may be saved from the virus.

That would be one good thing to come out of this whole sorry episode.

varian Tue 06-Oct-20 15:20:27

A frightening prediction from Bannon

www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPdsnBUiPyw

Whitewavemark2 Tue 06-Oct-20 15:13:22

JGran

Your comments on here are so funny. I know many of you are not US citizens so it is somewhat comforting that people in other countries can't stand the destructive, divisive Covidiot. He actually makes me want to leave my country. I've lived in Germany and Canada so it doesn't scare me to go again.

Just don’t vote for him and he will be gone!!

JGran Tue 06-Oct-20 15:09:36

Your comments on here are so funny. I know many of you are not US citizens so it is somewhat comforting that people in other countries can't stand the destructive, divisive Covidiot. He actually makes me want to leave my country. I've lived in Germany and Canada so it doesn't scare me to go again.

suziewoozie Tue 06-Oct-20 15:01:41

Agreed merlot and I’ve got my fingers crossed that he gets what he deserves.

merlotgran Tue 06-Oct-20 14:57:14

I also believe that Trump has Covid but probably he was one of the lucky ones who have had it quite mildly.

So do I but I don't think it is as mild as he'd like everyone to believe.

Time will tell.

Lucca Tue 06-Oct-20 14:30:25

Much as I find our PM ineffectual and dishonest I think that is absolute nonsense PECS.

maddyone Tue 06-Oct-20 14:17:27

Well we should all know soon enough. The election is very soon. Hopefully he won’t get in again.

maddyone Tue 06-Oct-20 14:16:20

I’m totally sure that is just a stupid rumour PECS, I think our medics have far too much integrity for that.

I also believe that Trump has Covid but probably he was one of the lucky ones who have had it quite mildly. He’s more lucky than he has any appreciation of to have had Covid19 mildly at his age and with being obese. Of course the medics threw everything they had at it, including drugs normally reserved for much more seriously ill patients.

Whitewavemark2 Tue 06-Oct-20 14:13:17

rosecarmel

Its surreal ..

Has anyone given it any thought what he will venture to do if he loses and if his DC chronies will drop him like a hot potato, as he did others in the past in business?

Yes a lot??. Well there is thought that civil war will break out. I’m not sure if I’d go so far as that but I can see Trump trying to rouse his troops.

The next presumably he will be charged with various offences like his dealings with Russia, and undoubtedly other stuff that comes out of the woodwork, then the revenue will go after him, then his creditors will follow.

That’s just for starters!

But I suspect that he has got a get away plan to Russia?

PECS Tue 06-Oct-20 14:09:07

The man is a total fraud. A bankrupted business man and trashy TV celeb who utterly believes in his own lies. And he has terrible taste in everything! IF he has had covid then he is lucky not to be even slightly ill... I would not be surprised to hear that he has not had covid at all.. his behaviour & attitude is that of the worst behave pre teen but dangerous because of his power. There is a strong rumour that the UK PM was actually undergoing rehab when in StTs & drying out and reducing reliance on cocaine. Who knows?

rosecarmel Tue 06-Oct-20 13:57:11

Its surreal ..

Has anyone given it any thought what he will venture to do if he loses and if his DC chronies will drop him like a hot potato, as he did others in the past in business?

JenniferEccles Tue 06-Oct-20 13:56:26

It’s perfectly understandable for any world leader to be upbeat and positive about a recovery from illness as any sign of any weakness could spell the end of their career.

Look how the rumours are still circulating about how fit Boris is.

Trump however should have picked his words more carefully, and followed up his ‘nothing to fear’ comment with stressing how important it is for everyone to follow the rules.

It’s all about striking the right balance and that’s where he falls down.

Clearly of course for a few unfortunate people there is much to fear.

maddyone Tue 06-Oct-20 12:14:15

I don’t know whether he’ll be re elected or not, but my husband thinks he’s got no chance. I hope he’s right.

maddyone Tue 06-Oct-20 12:13:06

‘Whether he has covid or not the whole episode has more than a touch of madness about it.’

That is so true Whitewave. It’s unbelievable, except it really happened! I think I fell down the rabbit hole with suzie.

Yesterday even my 92 year mother declared the man ‘stupid.’

MayBee70 Tue 06-Oct-20 11:46:45

It wouldn’t be out of place in North Korea, would it? The man is deranged: possibly because he is seeing his Trump dynasty slipping away. If/when he loses the election I fear there will be civil war in America and I fear for the good, decent people that live there. But hopefully, when he goes there will be a knock on effect and sanity might return to this country also. How did our countries get into this state?..

Whitewavemark2 Tue 06-Oct-20 11:30:33

Whether he has covid or not the whole episode has more than a touch of madness about it.

Grannynannywanny Tue 06-Oct-20 11:21:09

When I heard his doctor say trump was a “phenomenal patient” it made me wonder if he had an ear piece and trump was dictating what to say!

Illte Tue 06-Oct-20 10:13:14

I think that's why thry rushed him off to a military hospital pdq suziewoozie.

If you're in the military you obey orders no matter how wrong they are.

I won't believe he has Covid until he gets really ill. I think it's a fiendishly clever election stunt.

Trump is invincible! Only he can save America?