Car sharing and lifts

(7 Posts)
MawB2 Wed 04-Nov-20 11:33:12

Bluebellwould

Were all 6 people in same car?

Does it matter BBW ?

WOODMOUSE49 Wed 04-Nov-20 11:33:07

grumppa

I’m not sure that drivers who wear glasses should be required to wear a face covering. Steamed up spectacles are not advisable when in charge of a vehicle, and could lead to pressure on A&E departments.

Yes they should wear a mask. I wear glasses and you can get masks that have a tighter nose grip. I never steam up.

I know a driving instructor who wears glasses and she wears a mask all the time as do the people she teaches.

glammanana Wed 04-Nov-20 11:15:27

Surely to goodness they would have been aware of the risks specially with them working in the enviroment the they work in.

grumppa Wed 04-Nov-20 11:02:07

I’m not sure that drivers who wear glasses should be required to wear a face covering. Steamed up spectacles are not advisable when in charge of a vehicle, and could lead to pressure on A&E departments.

Bluebellwould Wed 04-Nov-20 10:38:32

Were all 6 people in same car?

Puzzler61 Wed 04-Nov-20 10:36:45

Deep sigh. What is wrong with people? ?

MawB2 Wed 04-Nov-20 10:32:43

Just seen this shared on Facebook - from The Guardian
Six NHS hospital staff have been sent home after falling ill with Covid-19 when they breached government rules by not wearing a mask when sharing lifts to and from work.

The six were told not to come into work by the University Hospitals of North Midlands trust, which is already having to deliver services with almost 600 personnel off work because of the illness .

Staff at the trust, which runs the Royal Stoke and Stafford County hospitals, were told about the incident in an email last week from Dr John Oxtoby, the trust’s medical director. The trust refused to say what roles the six perform at what is one of the NHS’s biggest, or at which hospital they work
Their actions are a clear breach of the government’s guidance on the measures passengers should take to ensure they are not spreading or being exposed to coronavirus if they are travelling with people who are not in their household or support bubble .

It states that people travelling should “ask the driver and passengers to wear a face covering” as well as opening windows to ensure ventilation

A reminder to all of us.