Gransnet forums

Coronavirus

How to vaccinate the world

(8 Posts)
Alegrias2 Wed 18-Nov-20 13:29:38

Just been listening to How to Vaccinate the World SW. Very well balanced overview of everything that's going on with the vaccine research.

I really liked the section on vaccine hesitancy, which was full of information about why this is such a problem. Vaccine side effects show up in the first six weeks so the trials we've had are more than long enough, and that there's been nothing different about this development, compared to other drug developments - everyone should be told about that!

suziewoozie Tue 17-Nov-20 09:40:35

Wow - just listened to The Long View on the anti vaxxers of the 19th century. Really interesting - some parallels but I didn’t know people went to prison for not having their children vaccinated against smallpox ?

www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m000pffk

MellowYellow Tue 17-Nov-20 09:23:11

Great. It was so good to hear scientists talking facts, without all the media stuff.

Alegrias2 Tue 17-Nov-20 09:23:05

Oh, this sounds good SW. I'll listen later today when I have a minute.

suziewoozie Tue 17-Nov-20 09:20:03

Apparently there’s a linked website - I’ll have a google

MellowYellow Tue 17-Nov-20 09:16:20

Thanks, I've just listened to it. Really excellent!

suziewoozie Tue 17-Nov-20 08:35:57

Link
www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m000py6s

suziewoozie Tue 17-Nov-20 08:32:25

Tim Hartford ( of tbt excellent More or Less) started a new R4 series yesterday which is available as a podcast. It should do a good job of addressing the issues around vaccines and providing a sound factual base as to what is happening.