Gransnet forums

Coronavirus

Who is the first person on GN to get vaccinated?

(268 Posts)
Whitewavemark2 Tue 08-Dec-20 11:03:26

Congratulations!! Whoever you are???

Callistemon Wed 16-Dec-20 17:13:38

I read the science, Mimi 22, it has advanced in recent years.

Mimi22 Wed 16-Dec-20 11:16:36

Callistemon

Mimi22

Callistemon - read Bechamp or Pasteur?: A Lost Chapter in the History of Biology
by Ethel D. Hume (Author)?

Surely you cannot be taking your anti-vaccination views from a discredited book published nearly 100 years ago?

My question was whether you had read it Callistemon? Regardless of agreeing on it's content or not, perhaps even to reinforce your own point of view. Or have you dismissed the idea of reading it from what others have to say about it?

I tend to read as open and extreme as is available in order to come to my own experience and viewpoint. I don't take what anyone else has to say as true on anything, how can anyone ever truly know?

Questions. Questions and then more Questions.

It's blindly following what others say that is not for me.

millymouge Wed 16-Dec-20 10:03:18

In west Suffolk. Just been with DH to have our first dose of the vaccine. Not at our usual practice, but at a medical centre. All done with military precision. Already had an appointment time, straight in and given all necessary information, have the injection. You are then given a little timer and go to sit in an area until times beeps (15 mins), then you can go. Next appointment 6th January. Onwards and upwards hopefully!!!

Chameleon007 Tue 15-Dec-20 08:14:28

A very elderly relative had a call to go for the vaccine. Turns out its fare distance away and the vaccine will be given outside in a carpark. No mention how they are supposed to get there. I've suggested they cancel the appointment until they can have vaccine nearer home and given indoors, especially in this cold weather.

mokryna Mon 14-Dec-20 20:07:56

Congratulations Bellanonna and everyone else.
I’ll have to wait till about March before I get called in France but one piece of cheerful news is that I don’t have to have a signed paper to go out now and it is not timed. I can be out all day but must be home by 7pm.

Urmstongran Mon 14-Dec-20 19:34:58

My stepfather’s brother aged 95y had his vaccination today in Birmingham. Second dose 4th January.
?

Marydoll Mon 14-Dec-20 19:29:14

These are the priority groups in Scotland. The vaccination programme started today. That's why the lady in the care home was vaccinated.
The first minister said Scotland's share of the UK's vaccine supply equates to its 8.2% share of the UK population.

Those delivering the vaccination programme
Frontline health and social care staff
Older residents in care homes
Care home staff
All those aged 80 and over
Unpaid carers and personal assistants.

welbeck Mon 14-Dec-20 19:11:03

there is a photo in the Guardian of a woman in a care home in Hamilton getting the vaccine.
so some of it must have made its way up there.
www.theguardian.com/news/gallery/2020/dec/14/st-pauls-choir-and-shopping-in--43c-mondays-best-photos
scroll down to third pic.

welbeck Mon 14-Dec-20 18:23:01

big up, Bellanonna !

MargaretinNorthant Mon 14-Dec-20 17:11:51

Yes!! I am 83, attending hospital for my Glaucoma check tomorrow and they have just rung to ask if I would like my Covid vaccination done too> Would I ever????!!!! [grin}

westendgirl Mon 14-Dec-20 13:14:14

Congratulations Bellanonna.

No news at all in North west London. I checked with the surgery when I was making another appointment and they have had no information. Keep waiting !

Whitewavemark2 Mon 14-Dec-20 06:59:47

Well! I’ve only just seen this. How did I miss it.

Bellanonna you are awarded the pioneer medal of GN stardom. You will go down in GN history as the one who lead the way with courage and determination.

Congratulations!
?

Marydoll Sun 13-Dec-20 23:08:50

Bellanonna, fantastic news. You both must be so relieved.

Puzzler61 Sun 13-Dec-20 22:31:04

That will be marvellous Bellanonna. He’ll be looking forward to it too.

Bellanonna Sun 13-Dec-20 21:33:21

Thank you for the kind comments. After a few setbacks I’m hoping DH will be home tomorrow.

Lucretzia Sun 13-Dec-20 12:17:27

Congratulations, Bellanonna!

Applegran Sun 13-Dec-20 12:16:38

I've just had a phone call from my GP surgery - I have an appointment on 16 December for my first Covid vaccine injection ! I am so so happy and know how lucky I am! I hope others who are waiting eagerly to get this news soon.

Callistemon Sun 13-Dec-20 10:16:02

Mimi22

Callistemon - read Bechamp or Pasteur?: A Lost Chapter in the History of Biology

Surely you cannot be taking your anti-vaccination views from a discredited book published nearly 100 years ago?

Sparklefizz Sun 13-Dec-20 09:55:02

Congratulations to all who have had the vaccine. A ray of hope. sunshine

Mimi22 Sun 13-Dec-20 09:53:20

brook2704 Sat 12-Dec-20 21:28:52

Congratulations Bellanonna how wonderful! I’m so very pleased for you
Enjoy your hugs with the DGC and I hope your DH is much better soon

Puzzler61 Sat 12-Dec-20 21:23:28

Congratulations Bellanonna for being the first Gransnet member to receive the vaccine.
The future is looking brighter with this breakthrough and just to hug your GC will be a wonderful start to the New Year.
Wishing your DH a good recovery and discharge from hospital soon. ?

LauraNorder Sat 12-Dec-20 20:54:11

Congratulations Bellanonna. Bet it feels amazing to be a step closer to safety. Hope your husband is able to be home with you soon.

Marydoll Sat 12-Dec-20 20:45:23

Bellanonna, I'm just so pleased you have had it. ?

Apparently there isn't enough for the health care workers in Scotland, let alone anyone else and they must be the priority group.
I will need to take medical advice anyway, before having it, so no rush. I'm not going anywhere, anytime soon!

Bellanonna Sat 12-Dec-20 20:30:18

Thank you for all your nice comments. I gather 50 hospitals have this vaccine now. Hopefully even more will have it soon. It doesn’t appear to be in any Scottish hospitals which is very unfair. Marydoll you really need to have it. I will email you x