Gransnet forums

Coronavirus

Problems booking the vaccine appointment

(4 Posts)
pigsmayfly. Sun 24-Jan-21 18:54:58

Anyone else had problems booking an appointment following invitation on www.my-health book.co.uk? My husband has invite but we can’t convert to an appointment at the moment. Any tips?

pigsmayfly. Mon 25-Jan-21 10:42:07

In case anyone has experienced this, we couldn’t access last night but we can this morning

Tangerine Mon 25-Jan-21 10:44:32

I have used the online system and I think the problem is that so many people are online at once. This causes the system to "crash".

I had to book for two elderly relatives. In one case, I gave up and used the phone line. In the other, I managed to book online.

When I spoke to the lady on the phone to book, she told me there were teething troubles but the system is improving every day and they are getting more people in the call centres to manage to phone lines.

Franbern Mon 25-Jan-21 10:45:56

No problems in booking. However, I quickly and efficiently booked on line for appointments following receipt of the NHS letter. However, as this was at venue 25 miles away and I received an invite from GP surgery to get this locally - I, obviously, went to that one. Then could not find anyway of cancelling the original appointment on line (as I had booked).

Had, evenually to telephone these to cancel.