Gransnet forums

Coronavirus

Positive test for Covid

(10 Posts)
Shinamae Wed 17-Feb-21 07:16:21

I had Covid back in March,was asymptomatic, had the vaccine just about three weeks ago, because I work in a care home I am tested three times a week, this week two lateral flow test negative but the test done on Monday in the home is positive. I have no symptoms so far...? I am really hoping it is a false positive but have to isolate now for 10 days

Witzend Wed 17-Feb-21 07:21:31

Everything crossed that you’ll be asymptomatic, or at least have it very mildly, and that having to isolate will be the least of your worries. Still a major PITA for you though. ?

Esspee Wed 17-Feb-21 07:22:22

Poor you. It makes you wonder just how accurate all the testing is. I do know the lateral flow test is said to be very unreliable.
I hope you don’t lose any income due to this.

Shinamae Wed 17-Feb-21 07:29:45

Thank you, apparently I will get full pay....

Luckygirl Wed 17-Feb-21 09:15:00

Better safe than sorry - but what a pain for you. I hope you can find enjoyable thigs to do while you are isolating and the you remain symptom free.

vampirequeen Wed 17-Feb-21 11:56:09

I may be wrong but I thought the vaccine could give you false positives if you've only recently had it.

Blossoming Wed 17-Feb-21 11:59:16

Hope everything is OK

Kamiso Wed 17-Feb-21 12:06:10

That must be very frustrating for you.

Do you have to continue the testing whilst isolating?

Shinamae Wed 17-Feb-21 12:13:28

Thank you all for your good wishes no I don’t have to do any more testing at the moment. I’m going to add two different things the one saying the 20th was sent by the test and trace app and so was the one that saying the 25th what an earth is going on?

Shinamae Wed 17-Feb-21 12:25:36

Message deleted by Gransnet as it contains identifying details. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.