Gransnet forums

Coronavirus

I feel guilty about what I haven't done in lockdown!

(7 Posts)
NotAGran55 Sun 21-Feb-21 21:24:37

I don’t feel in the least bit guilty about doing sweet FA during this lockdown . It’s the first time in 49 years that I haven’t worked . Looking forward to my gap year when we are released.

M0nica Sun 21-Feb-21 21:08:30

Lots of things I haven't done in lockdown that I planned to do, but I cannot see the point in feeling guilty about them - thats life!

Georgesgran Sun 21-Feb-21 21:08:07

I think a lot of us used the first lockdown as a reason to Spring Clean? It kept me busy and I planned some purchases and decorating for when it was lifted, then we had finer weather to garden or just get outdoors for the sun.
Didn’t manage either as so many craftsmen had pre-booked jobs.

In the early days, it was as if we all expected the virus to burn itself out and we’d emerge into the light refreshed and raring to go?

This lockdown - in the darkest days seemed to be a slap in the face for we who had abided by all the rules and regulations?

Most of my friends and I are just fed up with things now.
Babies have been conceived, older ones have died, loved ones are facing death and we just seem absolutely bloody useless!!

Grandmabatty Sun 21-Feb-21 21:04:29

The timing of this lock down mitigated against doing lots. I did loads last spring/summer but have hibernated much of this winter.

tanith Sun 21-Feb-21 20:57:01

I too did lots during the Summer, although I’ve walked everyday I have sat too much too. Hopefully once we start to be allowed out I will do more.

grandmajet Sun 21-Feb-21 20:42:45

During the ‘first lockdown’ we gardened endlessly, created a wildflower patch, cleaned all the kitchen cupboards, took all our books off the bookshelves to be sorted, dusted and replaced/given away, walked many miles, as well as sitting in the garden playing dominoes or scrabble, playing boule, frisbee etc.
This lockdown we’ve watched too much television, and walked a bit!

Nannysprout Sun 21-Feb-21 20:37:40

I do feel guilty about the length of time I've had doing very little but still I haven't done everything I'd like to have got done! Does anyone else agree?