Gransnet forums

Coronavirus

Lovely news - baby born with antibodies

(6 Posts)
Liljan Wed 17-Mar-21 07:43:59

So interesting....just had a discussion with my daughter the other day - she has had the vaccine and is still breastfeeding...she called her GP before having the vaccine to ask if it was safe while breastfeeding, the GP was very honest and said quite frankly she didn’t know, but her thoughts were that it was, I said at the time of discussion that maybe the baby would actually get some benefit, I guess we’ll hear about that too in time.

BigBertha1 Wed 17-Mar-21 07:24:42

Really good news thank you.

maddyone Tue 16-Mar-21 23:07:27

That is amazing, and very good news.

Blossoming Tue 16-Mar-21 23:01:42

Very good news, thank you for sharing.

Aveline Tue 16-Mar-21 19:17:18

Very good news

GagaJo Tue 16-Mar-21 18:54:31

A woman who received a dose of the Moderna coronavirus vaccine while pregnant then gave birth to a baby with Covid-19 antibodies, doctors have said.

Two paediatricians based in Boca Raton, Florida, said the case is believed to be the first reported in the world of a baby born with antibodies for Covid-19.

They published their findings in pre-print case report which has yet to be peer-reviewed.

Dr Paul Gilbert and Dr Chad Rudnick said the woman, who is a frontline health worker, received a single dose of the Moderna vaccine three weeks before giving birth to her baby.

“Coming into January, we had the opportunity with a healthcare worker for her to get her vaccine at the end of her pregnancy and then when the baby was born, we were able to test that baby’s cord blood to look for antibodies that were made from the vaccine to see if those antibodies passed from the mum to the baby and potentially give the baby protection,” Dr Gilbert told WPTV.

uk.news.yahoo.com/flordia-woman-received-covid-vaccine-110600202.html