Gransnet forums

Coronavirus

Delayed Reaction to AZ?

(8 Posts)
sazz1 Tue 11-May-21 22:40:41

I had a strange reaction to the first AZ jab. About an hour or so after having it I had what felt like an injection in both kidneys, happened again about 2 hours later. Then the next 3 days I was constantly needing to wee over 20 times a day, up in the night 3 times too ( never get up in the night ever). I was drinking loads to compensate and thinking of seeing GP when it just stopped and returned to normal.
Also had temperature 102 for 2 days, felt very exhausted and sleepy.
Had 1 shaking episode where DH had to take my tea as it was going everywhere. Fell over twice as off balance a bit but lucky didn't hurt myself.
I'm dreading the second vaccine but DH had a temperature for 2 days with the first but no reaction at all to the 2nd. Hopefully I will be the same.

BlueSky Sun 09-May-21 18:14:54

That’s OK Atqui if it can happen with the Pfizer I guess it could happen with any of the vaccines.

Atqui Sun 09-May-21 12:28:18

Sorry Bluesky I’ve just noticed your post was about the Az vaccine.

BlueSky Sat 08-May-21 23:12:59

Thanks Atqui that’s interesting so it could be related. I was thinking as they say it takes a couple of weeks to give immunity, perhaps it could be when it kicks in. I don’t think we know enough yet.

Atqui Sat 08-May-21 23:03:13

I started a thread about this in January as my husband had strange episode 2 weeks after the Pfizer jab. Confusion and dreadful headache for 2 or 3,days ( not normally prone to headaches)GP said it couldn’t be vaccine. However same thing happened 2 weeks after 2nd jab though not as strong symptoms.

BlueSky Sat 08-May-21 12:42:29

Thanks Midgey it might not due to the jab at all, perhaps just a bug but we tend to blame everything on the vaccine! Hope you are much better.

midgey Fri 07-May-21 12:24:34

That’s how I felt after the first one, not ill..just a bit off. However the second one completely knocked me off my my feet, in bed with severe diarrhoea. Luckily my lovely daughters have rescued me and today for the first time since Sunday I am up and about but not rushing to do anything much! Hope you feel better soon.

BlueSky Fri 07-May-21 12:00:42

I had my second AZ jab last week with no immediate reactions, same as first time. But I’ve been feeling a bit fluey on and off since yesterday. Has anybody else experienced similar?