Gransnet forums

Coronavirus

Piers Corbyn

(25 Posts)
M0nica Mon 02-Aug-21 18:26:11

Oldwoman70, that is what I said - that no one had ever accused JC of bribery. I described him as a 'sea green incorruptible'

For a long time PC was the better known brother. I knew about PC long before I knew about JC.

JaneJudge Mon 02-Aug-21 13:09:30

Alegrias1

The next time somebody posts that "Scientists say...", I'm going to point out that Piers Corbyn is an astrophysicist.

noted grin

GillT57 Mon 02-Aug-21 13:06:12

Doodledog

I've often seen 'Piers Corbyn, brother of Jeremy' when he's been up to his shenanigans.

as have I. Presumably the right wing press love every opportunity to have a pop at the antichrist Jeremy Corbyn.

Alegrias1 Mon 02-Aug-21 10:47:11

The next time somebody posts that "Scientists say...", I'm going to point out that Piers Corbyn is an astrophysicist.

Doodledog Mon 02-Aug-21 10:42:45

I've often seen 'Piers Corbyn, brother of Jeremy' when he's been up to his shenanigans.

Oldwoman70 Mon 02-Aug-21 08:10:18

MOnica I don't think anyone has accused Jeremy Corbyn of accepting bribes, as far as I am aware there has never been any suggestion he has.

Piers Corbyn may have been well known in his field - which has nothing to do with medical science - but it cannot be denied the fact he is Jeremy's brother meant he received more publicity. His accepting a "donation" to not mention AstraZenica in his speeches will, hopefully, mean people will see through him and his dangerous opinions.

Whitewavemark2 Mon 02-Aug-21 08:07:37

I am unclear why he attracts any attention. An insignificant man with insignificant and strange views.

M0nica Mon 02-Aug-21 07:57:41

I think that Jeremy has been very dignified in his silence on the matter of his brother. It must have been tempting to rise to the bait of those determined to see them as one.

Has that been happening? I haven't noticed it. If two siblings are in the news, obviously reference will be made to the other, but I do not think that anyone has suggested that means that the siblings necessarily share each others views.

GillT57 Sun 01-Aug-21 16:34:30

Galaxy

My brother used to light his own farts, I cant be held responsible for that.

well at least we now know who to blame for global warming.

Doodledog Sun 01-Aug-21 15:14:32

Galaxy

? Well quite!

I think that Jeremy has been very dignified in his silence on the matter of his brother. It must have been tempting to rise to the bait of those determined to see them as one.

M0nica Sun 01-Aug-21 15:06:22

maddyone Outside Labour party politics, until the Labour leadership election that made Jeremy Corbyn leader, Piers Corbyn was better known than his brother.

He was seen as someone to go to as an 'alternative' but credible weather forecasting guru compared with the 'establishment' Met Office.

Global warming and COVID has enable him to have his days of glory, commanding headlines, leading demonstrations, remonstrating with policemen

Looks like a classic case of sibling rivalry to me.

As for taking bribes. I am sure on matters such as that Jeremy Corbyn is a sea-green incorruptable. If he wasn't someone would have found out by now, he was in the headlines far too long for investigating journalists not to have found evidence of him taking bribes, had he ever done so.

Galaxy Sun 01-Aug-21 14:49:20

GillT57 Sun 01-Aug-21 14:42:28

I agree Galaxy, if Piers was not the brother of Jeremy, he would not get the publicity he does. As far as I am aware, Jeremy has not made any comments about his brother and has wisely kept his opinions to himself. He is not his brother's keeper.

maddyone Sun 01-Aug-21 14:41:45

If it wasn't for his brother, no one would know who he is. I think he’s using his brother’s fame to become well known himself.

Galaxy Sun 01-Aug-21 14:08:08

Mind I do hope I am never held accountable for the actions of my brother shock. I am no fan of Jeremy Corbyn but I do feel people use his brother as a stick to beat him with do to speak.

GillT57 Sun 01-Aug-21 13:34:37

JaneJudge

Galaxy

I dont know that many people admire Piers Corbyn to be honest.

neither do I!
He needs to go straight to jail, does not pass go and doesn't collect his £200 <references to monopoly and a Sunday house full of children>

Very few people admire this idiot, an idiot who would have no voice if he didn't cash in on his brother's name. A bit of a non story to be honest; a silly man with daft ideas turns out to be even more stupid than we initially thought.

JaneJudge Sun 01-Aug-21 13:14:53

Galaxy

neither do I!
He needs to go straight to jail, does not pass go and doesn't collect his £200 <references to monopoly and a Sunday house full of children>

MawBe Sun 01-Aug-21 13:11:17

He seems to be in cahoots with anti vaxxer and struck off former nurse Kate Shemirani who when addressing a rally in Trafalgar Square asked for details of NHS workers to be collected and sent to her, saying
“Get their names. Email them to me. With a group of lawyers, we are collecting all that,” she said.
“At the Nuremberg Trials, the doctors and nurses stood trial and they hung. If you are a doctor or a nurse, now is the time to get off that bus . . . and stand with us the people,”
Shemirani, who was struck off by the Nursing and Midwifery Council last month for spreading misinformation about Covid, made the remarks at an anti-lockdown and anti-vaccine protest that was promoted as a “worldwide rally for freedom” and was held five days after virtually all restrictions were lifted in England.

I imagine Jeremy Corbin would be aiming to clear as much distance between his brother’s views and himself as possible

25Avalon Sun 01-Aug-21 12:07:21

This was a trick where he was persuaded to accept £10,000 to stop criticising AstraZeneca by two people he thought were representatives of the company. Only they weren’t and the money was Monopoly money, and it was all put on UTube.
No doubt he will say he realised it was a trick all the time and he was just playing along. He is totally discredited IMO.

Galaxy Sun 01-Aug-21 11:53:13

Blossoming Sun 01-Aug-21 11:13:04

He’s also a climate change denier. I don’t admire him for his ‘principles’, I just find it astonishing that a scientist could believe so much rubbish.

maddyone Sun 01-Aug-21 11:00:45

In my opinion Piers Corbyn has behaved disgracefully during this pandemic, with all his marches and protests about anything and everything to do with Covid, especially because of his age, which is the age group that has a particular need to be vaccinated. I wonder how he thinks Covid should have been dealt with. I assume no masks, no restrictions, and no vaccinations. That would go well wouldn’t it!

Spinnaker Sun 01-Aug-21 10:21:48

Agree and this is a man who people admire for his principles.

Gossamerbeynon1945 Sun 01-Aug-21 10:15:26

I agree.

Sarnia Sun 01-Aug-21 09:38:18

For someone who is so keen on protesting and airing his opinion on the vaccine and coronavirus in general, his views quickly changed when offered £10k to leave AZ out of his diatribes. On the plus side he will be well away if he has to be the banker in Monopoly.