Gransnet forums

Coronavirus

I thought this was worth passing on

(87 Posts)
ExDancer Mon 20-Sep-21 10:27:56

I very much doubt if reading this will influence a dedicated non-vaccinate diehard, but it gives me a few more arrows to my bow when people give me a load of rubbish in favour of not accepting the vaccine.

Copied from friend :
I'm vaccinated and, no, I don't exactly know what's in it - neither this vaccine, the ones I had as a child and adult, or in other treatments. Whether it's for cancer, AIDS or vaccines for infants or children. I also don't know what's in other over-counter-medications, it just cures my ailments.

I don't know what's in the ink for tattoos, or every ingredient in my soap or shampoo or even deodorants. I don’t know the long term effect of mobile phone use or whether or not that restaurant I just ate at used clean foods and washed their hands.

I also don’t know how much deadly asbestos is in the buildings I visit.

In short ...
There's a lot of things I don't know and never will.
I just know one thing: life is very short, and I still want to do something other than just going to work every day or having others in our community and country locked in their homes. I still want to travel.

As a child and as an adult I've been vaccinated for mumps, measles, rubella, diphtheria, tetanus, whooping cough, hep A and B, small pox, polio, chicken pox, tetanus, influenza and quite a few others. My parents and I trusted the science.

I'm vaccinated, not to please the government but:
* To not die or become seriously ill from Covid-19.
* To not clutter a hospital bed if I get sick.
* To live my life.
* To have my community and country get back to normal.
* For Covid-19 to be an old memory, as it will.
* To protect us all.
Text copied, you can too. ?

Rosina Tue 21-Sep-21 11:47:37

I have a dear friend who has reluctantly had the first jab and now won't have the second. Her daughter has refused to have any. It makes me want to scream, but I am biting my tongue because they are so adamant and I don't want to fall out with them or cause more stress - the GP has been badgering them both for months. I so hope they have seen the news items concerning people who refused the jab, and have since died. One thing is certain; neither of them will be meeting with my family as I have two vulnerable close relatives. I'm not looking forward to that conversation, but say it I must, and will.

tickingbird Tue 21-Sep-21 11:47:31

ExDancer What/who are 'Illuminati' tickingbird? Are they something out of a film or TV programme I've never heard of?

Supposedly made up of various wealthy, powerful people. Bill Gates, the Queen etc. It’s all a nonsense smile

Grany Tue 21-Sep-21 11:46:07

There is a blog I like to follow, this lady started as ways to live frugally being thrifty friendly chatty about living simply and enjoying her life in retirement. She's been on TV interviewed about her thrifty ways and won budget shed of the year a while ago. She also has a walking challenge to walk 1000 miles a year lots have commented their mileage after end of each month and joined that's good. She has a lot of followers. But she has started writing about anti vaxers she is one, copying things she has read and agrees with and added another page at top of her blog. It's just for her to add to no comments allowed. Lots agree with her as she has mentioned her thoughts on the the double jabbed in her main blog. Mean Queen. I think something as important as this vaccine we have its not good to spread doubts like this.

LauraNorder Tue 21-Sep-21 11:44:49

Another thank you exDancer. Couldn’t agree more.

Joesoap Tue 21-Sep-21 11:41:10

I agree, such wise words which we should all follow.

Gabrielle56 Tue 21-Sep-21 11:36:06

?? absolutely!

muse Tue 21-Sep-21 11:29:22

Thank you ExDancer ???

I have passed this onto a relative whose daughter is anti. She’s keeps trying to persuade her.

Nanny27 Tue 21-Sep-21 11:28:51

I have a good and long standing friend who has had the vaccine but her dh won't. She doesn't agree with him but defends his right to make up his own mind.
I don't know why but I feel reluctant to be in her company or go to her house knowing that he could contract Covid. I would like to know what others think and am I just being totally unreasonable?

FannyCornforth Tue 21-Sep-21 11:27:24

There’s also a great deal that we still don’t know about the actual virus too.
We still don’t know its long term effects

ExDancer Tue 21-Sep-21 11:27:19

What/who are 'Illuminati' tickingbird? Are they something out of a film or TV programme I've never heard of?

polnan Tue 21-Sep-21 11:24:30

Best post I have read here for some time,

thank you Ex Dancer..

Dee1012 Tue 21-Sep-21 11:24:24

A neighbour was ranting recently about abuse of children i.e parents wanting vaccinations for their children and that David Icke was right....

I really am at a loss about the viewpoint of so many and am more convinced than ever about the potential dangers of social media.

Granartisan Tue 21-Sep-21 11:23:19

A Friend's son was an anti vaxxer, influenced by social media posts. Sadly he caught covid and was very poorly, and he's still suffering the after effects. He realises now he was 'conned' by the internet. I'm very sad that he had to find out the hard way.

Witzend Tue 21-Sep-21 11:23:10

Excellent post.

Three 60+ siblings, two of them neighbours of ours, have recently been in hospital with COVID, for 2-3 weeks each. It was suspected that none of them had been vaccinated, but I wasn’t sure until I met one of them yesterday, taking a very slow and tentative, very short walk with a stick.

He told me at length about his illness, and that he’d gone into hospital ‘unable to breathe’. In the end I said, ‘I have to ask - had you been vaccinated?’
No, none of them had, because they ‘weren’t sure’ about it.
I said ‘I bet you wish you had now.’
‘Oh God yes.’

MadeInYorkshire Tue 21-Sep-21 11:20:25

tickingbird

Believe it or not I had an anti vaxxer pal (not a close friend), sticking pennies and teaspoons on me last week. Apparently I’m now magnetic as I’ve had the vaccine. The reason they also stuck to her was because I’m ‘shedding’ and passing ‘it’ onto her! The point of it all? The Illuminati controlling all the vaccinated and I assume one day they’ll click a switch and we will all become robot like and do their bidding. Like something out of The Avengers.

This from a woman classed as vulnerable (health wise) and had to shield and had to have food delivered and left at her door. I’ve explained that she’s a goner if she gets Covid but she’s convinced it’s all a plot. I blame SM. Being as isolated as she was during lockdown she’s spent so much time on the web she’s become indoctrinated,

tickingbird

.... and did they stick? Magnetically that is?

Gwenisgreat1 Tue 21-Sep-21 11:20:01

Well said ExDancer . I have a friend who is anti-vaxx, she also wear 'exempt' badges which I don't believe she is entitled to, I do believe I am entitled to but prefer to wear the mask though I hate them.

Aveline Tue 21-Sep-21 11:19:18

Photo now attached

Nainijo Tue 21-Sep-21 11:19:05

Thank you for this lovely message. I am double vaccinated, as are my husband and most people we know. My eldest daughter decided she didn’t want to have the vaccine, as did her partner, and guess what, they both had COVID, as did the children. He has now been in hospital for 5 weeks, 4 of which he has been on life support!
I don’t understand why she hesitated, we agreed to disagree. My background is in healthcare, so it doesn’t sit comfortable with me. She has now had her first vaccination, thank goodness. She is now in the process of applying for an LPA to deal with his financial affairs.
All because they hesitated to get the vaccine. Bonkers.

Aveline Tue 21-Sep-21 11:18:49

This was before polio vaccination...

Blossoming Tue 21-Sep-21 11:16:24

Thanks ExDancer, love this.

Theoddbird Tue 21-Sep-21 11:14:04

I have seen this shared on Facebook. It really is sensible. I think anyone who refuses to have the jab should read it and see how stupid they are being.

Lincslass Mon 20-Sep-21 14:08:33

Thank you for this, although all my family and immediate circle of friends have all been double vaccinated, and all are thankful for it. So I’ve never had the misfortune to come across this, still you never know if those strangers in the street could be doing their bit to keep Covid in the headlines.

tickingbird Mon 20-Sep-21 11:45:05

Believe it or not I had an anti vaxxer pal (not a close friend), sticking pennies and teaspoons on me last week. Apparently I’m now magnetic as I’ve had the vaccine. The reason they also stuck to her was because I’m ‘shedding’ and passing ‘it’ onto her! The point of it all? The Illuminati controlling all the vaccinated and I assume one day they’ll click a switch and we will all become robot like and do their bidding. Like something out of The Avengers.

This from a woman classed as vulnerable (health wise) and had to shield and had to have food delivered and left at her door. I’ve explained that she’s a goner if she gets Covid but she’s convinced it’s all a plot. I blame SM. Being as isolated as she was during lockdown she’s spent so much time on the web she’s become indoctrinated,

Gossamerbeynon1945 Mon 20-Sep-21 11:44:48

Ex Dancer

Well said! I heard on the radio yesterday (someone from Full Fact) that the new variant is NOT vaccine resistant.

nanaK54 Mon 20-Sep-21 11:41:08

Thank you ExDancer 100% agreement from me