Gransnet forums

Coronavirus

Booster jab side effects.

(102 Posts)
Bopeep14 Sun 05-Dec-21 20:29:20

I had my booster jab on Tuesday evening, by Wednesday lunch time I was feeling poorly.

I spent 2 days in bed quite ill, by Friday I was feeling better, but I still do not feel right, I have no energy, I still feel nauseous and so weak, just walking upstairs is hard.

Has anyone else had a bad reaction to the booster, if so how long before you felt better?

Kittye Thu 09-Dec-21 23:09:46

First AZ jab felt pretty rough for a few days. Second jab, no reaction. Booster jab Pfizer felt bad for a couple of days. Still glad I’m jabbed.

ayse Thu 09-Dec-21 22:27:34

Had first and second AZ with nil reaction. Had the booster about a month ago Moderna. Felt very achy and unwell the following day but 24 hours later fully recovered. DH on the other hand received both jabs AZ and was fine. His Moderna booster made him sick for over a week. He said it was like having Covid again. He’s finally recovering from the after effects.

JaneJudge Thu 09-Dec-21 19:30:44

we both nausea too. I didn't have a bladder accident which makes a nice change smile

Bea65 Thu 09-Dec-21 13:59:12

JaneJudge

I should have wrote it like a Craig David song!

I had my Moderna on Sunday
Got sent home from work on Monday
was ill again on Tuesday
By wednesday I had to see it through until Friday but still felt sweaty by Monday confused

I like this and also had my booster Monday, early Tuesday a.m. suddenly awakened with headpain,then teeth chattering and body shakes..took ages for me to get to loo as legs wobbly..spent day in bed as felt sick and face and chest red , took temp but it was low..later had bladder accident..has anyone experienced this with a similar medical issue?

CraftyGranny Wed 08-Dec-21 12:56:05

I was listening to a nurse, who trains others on how to give injections. He was saying how some do not give an injection correctly. That when the needle goes into the arm it should be withdrawn slightly, to ensure that a vein has not been hit. If this is not done then the vaccine can enter the bloodstream and cause other problems.

Back to the OP question, I had the Pfizer booster and had a terrible stabbing headache, slight temperature and spent the next day mostly sleeping.

JaneJudge Tue 07-Dec-21 20:59:32

I should have wrote it like a Craig David song!

I had my Moderna on Sunday
Got sent home from work on Monday
was ill again on Tuesday
By wednesday I had to see it through until Friday but still felt sweaty by Monday confused

JaneJudge Tue 07-Dec-21 20:57:38

I had my booster last Sunday evening and went into work the following morning and became quite ill and was sent home. I phoned my Mum in the afternoon and she said I sounded like I had the ague grin but I was crying, my temp was so high and my ribs were hot and I was shaking, nauseous, the whole 1 in 10 common symptoms shebang from Moderna! Tuesdays my lymph glands swole and I was still not well to go into work. Wednesday I went in but was really sweating and not right. Thursday/Friday I was well enough to work but still swollen and fell rubbish. Had the weekend 'off' and still yesterday my lymph glands seemed swollen. I have been a bit sweaty today but not ill.

I'd still have it tbh. I'm sure work would disagree

Jaibee007 Tue 07-Dec-21 20:51:36

I had very bad reactions to my 1st Pfizer jab, sore arm, feverish and dizzy for days after, so I yellow carded these - with each following jab it's been a lot better but still suffered badly with painful arm for days - but it's all worth it of course

BlueSky Tue 07-Dec-21 11:49:17

Fine after the two AZ, felt rather unwell after the Pfizer booster, with a sore arm.

Babs758 Tue 07-Dec-21 11:44:27

I had a similar reaction to Leonara2... Fine after the 2 AZ jabs and thought I was fine after the Moderna booster but severe arm pain started around 4:30 in the morning and hurt to even move it. Felt very tired and had a bad headache. Stayed in bed the next day and took paracetemol regularly. Was much better the next day but took about 4 days before I felt normal again. Still glad I had it though. I may have had Covid this time last year - not sure..

greenlady102 Tue 07-Dec-21 11:24:21

sazz1

Anyone seen Kier Starmer on TV this evening getting his booster.
He says
its quick, it's safe and no side effects.
He should read some of these comments on gransnet
Never trust a politician!

he is an idiot. Claimed his wife was an Occupational Therapist which she is not and never was....kept saying after that was addressed that she works for the NHS but won't say in what capacity. I agree we have no right to know but if he is going to play the "NHS in my family" card politically then he should be open about her role otherwise he should shut up. PS if you google about his wife now you won't find the claim that she is an OT as the Health Professions Council investigated the claim, stopped it and made the online sources edit their posts.

greenlady102 Tue 07-Dec-21 11:19:50

nadateturbe

It's important that a vaccine is injected into the right part of the arm. People have been left with serious long term effects from improperly administered jabs.

www.webmd.com/vaccines/what-is-sirva

I got sirva from my flu jab in 2020. I think sometimes its one of those things as I have been vacc'ed by the same person for many years and I would have swrn she was within a cm of where she always does it. It is possible to be as careful as you can be and still hit a nerve and cause problems.

Madashell Tue 07-Dec-21 11:04:45

You lucky lucky people who have had no side effects. For me Pfizer 1 and 2 felt fluy and headachy afterwards needing to stay in bed for a couple of days, and my poor arm. For a week after my nose was full of bloody mucus. The booster was horrendous - symptoms starting a few hours afterwards : headache, fever, chills, heaviness, agonising low back pain, nausea, vomiting and diarrhoea, with suicidal thoughts. My arm was so painful I didn’t sleep well. Unable to get out of bed the following day, abdomen very painful to touch, and hard to feel. Bleeding gums on cleaning my teeth for two days and again bloody nasal mucus. I still have abdominal discomfort. I reported my reaction on the Yellow Card system. I am not prepared to ever have another booster and will take my chances in the future. (Years ago pneumonia was known as the old person’s friend, who wants to be looked after by the couldn’t care less system?)

NewHere Tue 07-Dec-21 10:23:38

welbeck

had pfizer booster yesterday. first two were AZ.
late last night started to feel uncomfortable.
feeling bit wobbly today with headache, and some chills.
taking aspirin and paracetamol, seems to help.
hope it will ease off tomorrow.
still much better than getting covid, so worth it.

I also had pfizer yesterday after previously having 2 astra zenica. Feel ok but last night had the strangest sleep, couldn't drop off for hours (unlike me) then the most vivid dreams when I did sleep! Bit of a sore arm but ok otherwise!
Wonder what the weird dreams were all about?!

Shropshirelass Tue 07-Dec-21 10:22:03

We have had Pfizer for all three and no side effects whatsoever, not even a sore arm after the booster jab.

Bossyrossy Tue 07-Dec-21 08:42:56

As others have said, it’s better to feel a bit poorly for a few days than to catch Covid.

Leonora2 Tue 07-Dec-21 08:41:43

Ill after the first one (AZ) ok after the 2nd one, but had Moderna booster last week and had to ring in sick the next day. Started in the middle of the night with headache and shivering, by morning I was worse and felt ill till about 5pm that day. Absolutely fine now. They say if you have had covid previously you have a worse reaction, I did have covid this time last year so put it down to that but we're all a bit different aren't we and it affects us in different ways.
I work for a GP practice and the GPs say a reaction like this is good, though it certainly doesn't feel it at the time!

Cymres1 Tue 07-Dec-21 00:58:17

So sorry to hear about people having a reaction. I've had 2 x AZ, a bit under the weather after 24 hours following the first, 2 Paracetamol and a few hours in bed then fine. Glad to have a good immune response.
Had Pfizer for booster and no problem at all, but a young friend felt a bit rough for a couple of days after hers. Other half had no reactions whatsoever. Hope everyone is feeling better soon.

Grandyma Tue 07-Dec-21 00:17:07

I had 2 x Pfizer vaccines and Pfizer booster. Sore arm for a couple of days but other than that nothing apart from feeling a bit cold & shivery for a few hours after the booster.

dayvidg Mon 06-Dec-21 22:05:21

greenlady102

Sorry, can I just check that you are saying that aspiration is not necessary because the chance is too insignificant?

SachaMac Mon 06-Dec-21 21:45:14

I had a really bad one sided headache after the Pfizer booster just over a week ago. It came on quite soon after the jab and strong painkillers didn’t shift it so I went to bed early to try and sleep it off. I woke up the next day feeling hungover and drained. The nurse administering the vaccination advised me to drink lots of water and rest which I did.

sazz1 Mon 06-Dec-21 21:20:27

Sorry it was
Quick PAINLESS and no side effects.

sazz1 Mon 06-Dec-21 21:17:15

Anyone seen Kier Starmer on TV this evening getting his booster.
He says
its quick, it's safe and no side effects.
He should read some of these comments on gransnet
Never trust a politician!

greenlady102 Mon 06-Dec-21 21:04:11

dayvidg

greenlady102

dayvidg

Interesting video regarding the importance of correct procedure for vaccinations.
naturallyhealthynews.info/incorrect-vaccination-is-this-why-there-are-so-many-side-effects-with-the-vaccines/

I don't think that's a very reliable site as it advertises "quack medicine" .....for one thing there are no large blood vessels in the injection site (unless you have a really unusual blood vessel network) therefore chances of injecting straight into a blood vessel are vanishingly small which is why that site is chosen in the first place.

Apart from the Brachial artery, there are a number of viens in this area. Hence the importance of aspiration.

as your diagram shows, they run down the medial aspect of the arm and not through the deltoid muscle which is where the vaccination is given.

Mrsdof Mon 06-Dec-21 20:16:31

All three of my jabs have been Pfizer. About 15hrs after the 1st and Booster jabs I suddenly started feeling nauseous, dizzy and had bad headaches and that all lasted for around 36-48 hours. However with the 2nd jab I had no problems whatsoever. Weird!