Gransnet forums

Coronavirus

Covid confusion!!!

(19 Posts)
MissAdventure Sat 29-Jan-22 16:45:05

I have just had a text from test and trace to tell me to isolate for 10 days.
I thought this was phased out now?!

greenlady102 Sat 29-Jan-22 16:54:49

are you sure its a real one?

BlueBelle Sat 29-Jan-22 16:56:34

You don’t have to quarantine for 10 days even if you ve got Covid get rid of the app I never put it on for the reason I could imagine getting lots of bleeps that weren’t necessary

MissAdventure Sat 29-Jan-22 16:57:54

You are a contact of someone testing COVID-19 positive. You should isolate for 10 days or if you are exempt carry out a lateral flow test for 7 days.
Please visit www.gov.uk/order-coronavirus-rapid-lateral-flow-tests to order test kits

MissAdventure Sat 29-Jan-22 16:58:37

I don't have the app.
It was a text that came through.

pensionpat Sat 29-Jan-22 17:05:47

The app is not up to date. I find the changing rules difficult to remember so when my DIL caught COVID last weekend I looked at Gov.uk. I have to do a lateral flow test for 7 days. There is no need to isolate.

MissAdventure Sat 29-Jan-22 17:11:15

I just looked up govt advice and got more confused than ever.
It said "England has returned to plan A" angry

Libman Sat 29-Jan-22 17:11:45

MissAdventure

You are a contact of someone testing COVID-19 positive. You should isolate for 10 days or if you are exempt carry out a lateral flow test for 7 days.
Please visit www.gov.uk/order-coronavirus-rapid-lateral-flow-tests to order test kits

I believe we are classed as fully exempt if we have been triple jabbed. It’s only the unvaccinated who have to self isolate.

MissAdventure Sat 29-Jan-22 17:14:10

Ah, yes.
That makes more sense.
Thank you.
They certainly don't make things easy to understand though!!

MayBeMaw Sat 29-Jan-22 17:17:12

That is out of date. If you have been jabbed and boosted you do not need to isolate unless you have symptoms or a LFT shows positive. The isolation period has been cut to 5 days as long as you have 2 negative tests on consecutive days at the end of the period.

MissAdventure Sat 29-Jan-22 17:18:45

Thank you.
That makes even more sense.

Peasblossom Sat 29-Jan-22 17:19:39

It is a bit different for Care workers I think.

Or maybe not. I admit I found the Government website hard to follow.

MissAdventure Sat 29-Jan-22 17:22:03

I'm not currently working as I'm not well.
I don't much appreciate being directed by text to wording to the effect of it being illegal for me not to isolate.
Disgraceful!!!
They ought to keep things up to date and relevant.

Hetty58 Mon 31-Jan-22 08:01:34

MissAdventure, if you don't even have the app, I'd be wary of the text. How can it be genuine? It may be in error, meant for someone else. Follow the current advice on the NHS website.

Hetty58 Mon 31-Jan-22 08:08:28

(All texts or emails will ask you to sign into the NHS Test and Trace contact tracing website.)

JaneJudge Mon 31-Jan-22 08:13:10

MissA, 2 people had covid in my house recently and I had to go into work. The advice was not to self isolate if you are vaccinated and negative via LFT but to carry out LFT for 7 days

janeainsworth Mon 31-Jan-22 08:18:14

I’ve just had Covid. Test & Trace know you’ve had a positive PCR because the NHS informed you of your result.
Then, when you’re in depths of the worst cold/sore throat/ feeling dreadful you’ve ever had, they demand that you tell them exactly where you’ve been & who you’ve been with for the 14 days prior to onset of symptoms. It was very tedious.
They even wanted to know what seat I’d sat on on the plane coming back from America, even though my post-flight PCR was negative. (I put ‘no idea’.)

My only close contact apart from family was a friend I’d had lunch with 2 days before I tested positive. She got the same text/email as you MissA but as she was 3x vaxxed just had to do LFTs. She didn’t develop Covid herself.
So someone must have put you down as a close contact.

I then got several texts wanting to know if I needed help and a questionnaire about how they’d done.

But the final insult was that they told me my isolation would end at midnight on 25/1/22 (10 days after symptoms started).

Then on 27/1/22 I get another text : ‘Good news! Your isolation ends at midnight tonight.’ ???‍♀️?‍♀️?

silverlining48 Mon 31-Jan-22 08:30:05

I had the same text a few days ago but havnt been anywhere so just carried on being at home.

rosie1959 Mon 31-Jan-22 08:35:09

I presume you can get a text without the app because someone has named you as a close contact
When I was positive I had to log in and report who I had been in close contact with 2 days before my positive
I actually found it very efficient being able to log in and complete the report rather than a phone call with track and trace