Gransnet forums

Coronavirus

unrequested covid test posted & offering new treatment?

(11 Posts)
hilarious Sun 20-Mar-22 15:16:27

I have received a PCR test kit via tracked Royal Mail. It tells me to take the test if I discover any Covid-19 symptoms. It seems I "qualify" for new treatment via my medical records.
Has anyone else had this kit?
I will be having a bt taken on Tuesday at my local hospital where I am currently undergoing chemotherapy, so possibly this has flagged up my records. I will be asking my consultant for his opinion.

nanaK54 Sun 20-Mar-22 15:24:26

Yes, my DH who is CEV has the same kit, very grateful for that scheme to be honest

Jaxjacky Sun 20-Mar-22 15:30:31

I had one a couple of weeks ago with requested lft’s, paperwork said part of a survey, you could choose to use it or not. I’m not CEV, or compromised in any way, it was random.

Marydoll Sun 20-Mar-22 15:37:01

Anyone who is coded immunocompromised on their medical record qualifies for fast track PCRs and treatment for anti virals, if you test positive. The anti virals must be given within seven days of a positive test, accoeding to the communication I received.

I had a letter last year with a phone number to call if I have a positive LFT.
I think it's fantastic news that this is available to those of us, who are at the highest risk of death, if we catch Covid.

Marydoll Sun 20-Mar-22 15:45:03

Sorry five days!

Daisymae Sun 20-Mar-22 15:52:26

Yes, DH has had one sent. It's so that ECV can get anti virals asap if testing positive.

Ailidh Sun 20-Mar-22 15:58:26

I got one around Christmas. Haven't had to use it, it was the first indication I'd had of being vulnerable, but I was very grateful to receive it.

Lucca Sun 20-Mar-22 16:01:55

I’m having chemo too but not received anything..

V3ra Sun 20-Mar-22 16:10:24

Yes I've received one, apparently based on my medical records, though I honestly can't think why ?

Lucca Wed 23-Mar-22 17:08:55

Lucca

I’m having chemo too but not received anything..

I have now…

Lucca Wed 23-Mar-22 17:09:40

Ignore that .