Gransnet forums

Coronavirus

Wow. The exhaustion

(13 Posts)
Knittingnovice Mon 13-Feb-23 20:52:55

Tested positive for covid, despite being very fit and healthy I'm exhausted. I may need to think about sick note for work but it's overwhelming thinking about it never mind putting into action.

Smileless2012 Mon 13-Feb-23 20:56:58

Hope you begin to feel better soon Knittingnoviceflowers.

Wyllow3 Mon 13-Feb-23 20:58:29

If you feel that way you aren't ready Knittingnovice, dont feel bad about taking the time you need. a lot of people still take some time for recovery.

Ali23 Mon 13-Feb-23 21:00:05

It’s such an awful virus! Take it easy Knittingnovice. I hope it’s short lived.

Knittingnovice Mon 13-Feb-23 21:05:38

Thank you. It's difficult living alone as I don't get sick pay, so I do feel I out pressure on myself to work. But also getting gp appointment is a nightmare.

Wyllow3 Mon 13-Feb-23 21:14:46

That is a worry about money then. Understandable, but are you able to say, "I'll give myself just one whole week off" and do your best healing caring and then review it? Very very few people are back to par just after one positive test, honestly.

I sympathise with the difficulty in getting hold of a GP but unless you have some specific and worrying symptoms they are likely to say "Rest and some more time?"

argymargy Tue 14-Feb-23 07:11:08

Wyllow3

That is a worry about money then. Understandable, but are you able to say, "I'll give myself just one whole week off" and do your best healing caring and then review it? Very very few people are back to par just after one positive test, honestly.

I sympathise with the difficulty in getting hold of a GP but unless you have some specific and worrying symptoms they are likely to say "Rest and some more time?"

She needs the GP appt for the sick note, I imagine.

BlueBelle Tue 14-Feb-23 07:15:25

A phone call or email should be enough for a doctor especially if you can send a photo of the test results

However I don’t know how we are going to know in the future as there aren’t any more test kits given out are there ?
Hope you start to feel better soon knitting there’s also a nasty cold going round that seems to be lasting for weeks

Wyllow3 Tue 14-Feb-23 07:24:22

good point re GP.

You can buy test kits from Amazon, the proper ones.

Norah Tue 14-Feb-23 07:31:33

Hope you feel stronger soon. flowers

Redhead56 Tue 14-Feb-23 08:49:12

Your health is so important stay off work until you are fully recovered live out of the freezer etc to save money on food.
Wrap up well hot water bottles keep cosy hope you feel better soon. Test kits £2 here from Tesco pharmacy.

Liz46 Tue 14-Feb-23 09:59:54

I am CEV so wasn't happy when I caught covid. I just propped myself up in bed to try to keep my chest clear, looked at the shower and thought 'no' so I just stayed in the same pyjamas, read books and drank tea.

You'll recover quicker if you just rest. I hope you feel better soon.

Knittingnovice Tue 14-Feb-23 10:12:00

Thank you everybody. Yes, I know what you mean about the shower and not getting dressed. I haven't got dressed for 6 days now !!!

I've been given time off work, no idea how I'll get sick note but I'm sure work will have had this issue before.

It's frustrating and I do think I put pressure on myself to recover quickly. I've even been doing about 20 minutes of work!