Gransnet forums

Coronavirus

Does anybody have long covid?

(16 Posts)
Coronation Sat 20-May-23 18:41:53

It's so hard isn't it. I used to be very very fit, now if I walk 5 minutes plus I crash. Exercise was my way of coping with stress. I'm dealing with all this alone. I'm so frustrated but trying to be positive but it's hard

Marydoll Sat 20-May-23 19:27:33

Im so sorry to hear this. Although, I have no advice, I couldn't pass by without sympathising.
A family member with multiple comorbidities has long Covid.
She hasn't been out the house for over a year. I understand how hellish it is.
I hope your life improves soon. 💐

BlueBelle Sat 20-May-23 19:41:49

I have two friends with long Covid both had their own business one long time established one a fairly new business set up just before Covid neither can do anything in fact one can barely get out of bed
Terrible situation and why some people and not others
I m sorry to hear your story Coronation I hope you continue to improve and keep your spirits up

Shinamae Sat 20-May-23 19:42:58

I have got aching legs and pins and needles, which my doctor thinks COULD be long Covid, but I don’t know..🤷‍♀️

Coronation Sat 20-May-23 19:58:24

Thank you for taking the time to post. I suppose I'm lucky in that I can do a bit more than your friend's (bluebells and Marydolls). I always get out of bed and on good days I can leave the house. Its been life changing from being very active to a couch potato. I'm even trying long covid yoga, I feel better for doing something.

Jaxjacky Sat 20-May-23 20:05:33

I can’t imagine how difficult this must be for you coronation have you found any support groups you can at least chat with to help you through the days a bit?

fancythat Sat 20-May-23 20:39:45

I had long covid at the beginning of covid. Lasted 9 months.
I had it before the word was even invented.

How long have you had it for, Coronation?

Callistemon21 Sat 20-May-23 20:49:12

Coronation

It's so hard isn't it. I used to be very very fit, now if I walk 5 minutes plus I crash. Exercise was my way of coping with stress. I'm dealing with all this alone. I'm so frustrated but trying to be positive but it's hard

Some GPs are very aware that this is a big problem.
Our surgery isn't that interested but a friend goes to a different GP surgery here and they have been very helpful, referring her for physiotherapy which has helped with muscle weakness.

Coronation Sat 20-May-23 20:51:10

It's only been 4 months so I'm probably being inpatient. I was superfit and used to setting goals and pushing myself. I can't do that now. Maybe something good will come out of this

Callistemon21 Sat 20-May-23 20:54:24

We had Covid last autumn and still get very tired quickly.
I'm sure I had it right at the beginning, too and it has had lasting effects.

Talk to your GP and find out what help is available.
I'd also recommend some good vitamins to boost your immune system. Pace yourself.

Best wishes.

Coronation Sat 20-May-23 21:02:11

Thank you everybody for taking the time to post. I really appreciate this. I'm sure eventually I get better , like calistmillin and fancythat. Perhaps the positive in this , I become more patient smile

3dognight Sat 20-May-23 21:18:20

I had covid last September, and just these last few weeks can I taste and smell again. That was my only symptom so I guess I’m lucky.

I really did think my taste and smell had gone for good.

Floradora9 Sun 21-May-23 21:47:54

DH has got it and it is now only getting better 14 months after he first got covid. Still not quite back to normal but it has been a hard year for both of us no holidays no cinema no trips out for the day and only a few meals out now recently . I still have never had covid myself.

BoadiceaJones Fri 06-Oct-23 19:10:24

I had Covid 14 months ago, and just can't shake off the effects. It has particularly affected my heart - on top of my long term AFib, I now have a resting HR fluctuating between 32-40, O2 sats around 93, with resultant exhaustion and no resistance to infections. Life is on hold. I'm on the list for a pacemaker, but they can't promise it will alleviate the symptoms of permanent fatigue. I am so sorry for all fellow sufferers of this horrible condition.

Chloejo Fri 06-Oct-23 19:16:10

Yes I’ve got scarred lungs from Covid get breathless going upstairs and hills. I was fit before now I use inhaler

Shelflife Fri 06-Oct-23 19:16:50

Oh you poor people, It must be exhausting! I sincerely hope many of you have improved since you posted on GN. We have been very fortunate, never had Covid , we are so grateful for that. 💐💐