Gransnet forums

Coronavirus

Merseyside

(9 Posts)
Liz46 Mon 19-Oct-20 12:21:10

I live on The Wirral which is Tier 3. This morning I was reading an article on 'inyourarea' which said that almost a third of the deaths from covid in England yesterday were on Merseyside.

In the middle of the article was a photo of Jeremy Corbin's brother telling a crowd of unmasked protesters in Liverpool that it is all a hoax!

Hetty58 Wed 21-Oct-20 01:23:44

Nobody can help (or change) who their relatives are - unfortunately!

Teetime Wed 21-Oct-20 10:04:56

Oh Dear I have a nervous niece in Liverpool a daughter in Warrington and we are soon (hopefully) to be in East Cheshire. We will all just carry on following the rules and hope for the best.

lemongrove Wed 21-Oct-20 10:14:50

Liz yes, I saw the pics of that, Piers Corbyn is a well known rebel and nutter......must run in the family!

Whiff Thu 22-Oct-20 09:40:41

I live in Sefton controlled area. And because of people not following the rules in Liverpool are in tier 3. But I have been following all the rules since lockdown in March. Only go out when I need to. Always mask up before leaving home and stays on until I get back. My bubble is with my daughter and family.

Moved here a year ago in August. Couldn't have moved into a better neighbourhood. People here are kind and friendly. And I love my bungalow. I came from the west midlands and can honestly say the health care here is hundred times better. Finally after 32 years found a neurologist at the Walton centre who has given me a tablet to control my seizures. I was under a neurologist before. Makes me wonder why he couldn't have given me the tablet.

I won't want to live anywhere else.

EllanVannin Thu 22-Oct-20 10:00:34

Whiff I'm over the water from Liverpool and they have got good hospitals there. Broadgreen chest/ heart hospital is one of the finest. I also know that the neurological hospital in Walton has a good name too as does our Clatterbridge cancer care hospital here.

My brother lives in Liverpool but wants out, mainly because of its reputation I think even though he's in a decent part. He's been looking at Cheshire somewhere and wants a bungalow.

Stansgran Thu 22-Oct-20 10:31:35

A former Liverpudlian here. Very sorry to see the state it’s in. Always so proud of its attitude but lunatics like Corbin only pander to other lunatics.

Whiff Thu 22-Oct-20 10:36:55

EllanVannin I heard good things about both those hospitals. I also see a cardiologist at Aintree and there A&E is excellent. Spent a night in the Royal again excellent , the food was good as well. I live in Crosby it's a very good area.

Living here is cheaper than the Midlands also free bus/ local train pass at 60 . Would have to be 66 in Midlands just for bus pass they don't do local train free passes.

Whiff Thu 22-Oct-20 10:38:12

Stansgran so true.