Gransnet forums

Culture/Arts

The Boat that Rocked

(7 Posts)
susiecb Sun 18-Sep-11 07:34:23

Watched this film again last night with the surround sound on and it was a great trip down memory lane to the 60's and pirate radio I thoroughly recommend it with the surround sound on if you have it. We felt quite invigorated!

GoldenGran Sun 18-Sep-11 16:22:19

I loved it too susiecb, I guess it is a nostalgia thing, both daughters hated it.

crimson Sun 18-Sep-11 16:32:01

Johnnie Walker was my favourite. I suppose young people don't have any concept of not having good music available to listen to 24/7. I must watch the film. Wore my black armband when they were disbanded [or whatever the word should be].

glammanana Sun 18-Sep-11 23:17:43

Oh the nostalgia,Radio Caroline on my transister radio under the cover's so my sister wouldn't tell on me for listening to the music that would be part of my life for the next 50yrs.smile

PoppaRob Mon 19-Sep-11 03:20:23

Great film, but it didn't rate well here in Oz unfortunately. Anything with Bill Nighy works for me... Still Crazy is one of my all time favourite movies.

Joan Mon 19-Sep-11 03:39:32

I've go the DVD - it is one of my films that I use to ward off the miseries! There's another one of the era, with music, that I'm trying to find 'Across the Universe'. I highly recommend it.

susiecb Mon 19-Sep-11 09:19:55

Lovely that you enjoyed it too I reminded my older brother about it at the weeknd and he said Oh that in abored voice - you cant cure a Ray Coniff fan!!!!