Gransnet forums

Culture/Arts

Grandson 's concert on webcam video tonight (and rehearsals this afternoon).

(8 Posts)
Elegran Sun 27-Nov-11 16:06:13

My grandson is in the Kelvin Ensemble, the Orchestra of Glasgow University, where he is studying music. Tonight at 7.30 they will be giving a concert of Scottish music - details at www.kelvin-ensemble.co.uk/diary/

The rehearsals are being shown on the webcam right NOW atcommsvs1.cent.gla.ac.uk/chapel and the concert will also be seen on the webcam at 7.30

Elegran Sun 27-Nov-11 21:54:02

Watched concert on webcam. Excellent way to listen to music in comfort. Excellent concert.

Annobel Sun 27-Nov-11 22:09:39

It was nice to hear Land of the Mountain and the Flood which was - I think- the signature music for a series called Sutherland's Law in the distant past. What a proficient orchestra it is. Sadly, I didn't hear the concert to the end because my computer mangles the sound and I couldn't stand it any longer. You must be proud of your GS, Elegran.

grannyactivist Sun 27-Nov-11 22:11:54

You must be very proud, Elegran, I'm sorry I missed this.

Elegran Mon 28-Nov-11 09:32:52

He is very good - and such a nice lad too. Yes, we are very proud of him.

We started listening to it on my computer ... cheap-cheap speakers and sounded terrible so changed to DHs computer with better speakers and it was magnificent. We saw little of GS1 because he was partially obscured by a young lady in a strapless dress (his view must have been interesting) , but we had a good view of the backs of his parents in the audience.

Just as the interval ended, DS and his SO arrived with a van full of stuff from the cottage we have just sold, so we missed the second half. As they went out of the door to go home we heard the grand finale and the applause.

Elegran Mon 28-Nov-11 10:28:27

The next concert is at the end of February with a Nordic theme (Sibelius' Finlandia for a start...) but it will be in a different venue and haven't found a webcam yet... his parents hope the seats are better...

If there is a webcam I shall try to post a link.

www.gla.ac.uk/services/cvso/conferenceevents/venues/butehall/ is their rehearsal room.

And in answer to Jingly, he does have a Kelvin ensemble hoodie...

GoldenGran Mon 28-Nov-11 10:55:15

Elegran Bute Hall is beautiful. You must be a very proud Granny indeed.

Elegran Mon 28-Nov-11 11:05:27

Thank you GoldenGran.

Yes - most people have to rehearse in manky church halls - nice to have somewhere elegant.