Gransnet forums

Culture/Arts

Matilda the Musical

(7 Posts)
MaggieP Mon 16-Apr-12 10:44:56

So good to see Matilda won 7 Olivier Awards last night, well deserved.

MaggieP Mon 30-Jan-12 11:41:30

Quite right, my daughter is almost 32 and there were plenty Of other older ones too!

gracesmum Mon 30-Jan-12 10:33:17

Ooooh, we are going on Feb 18th (Christmas present from DD)!! Very much looking forward to it as I have heard it is GREAT from a friend who was quick off the mark last year and took her GD to see it at Stratford.
All reviews have been good and I feel it will establish itself as a children's classic like Wind in the Willows did at the National some years ago. (I have no compunctions about going to it WITHOUT small children!)

harrigran Mon 30-Jan-12 00:12:37

My DD is a great fan of Tim Minchin and thought the production would be good, seems she was right GG and MaggieP

MaggieP Sun 29-Jan-12 23:11:38

Yes GoldenGran, I agree it was fabulous! Noisy, hectic, so much fun and the dancing and singing very lively and impressive. Matilda was a delight, as were all the actors.
The adults in the audience seemed to enjoy it all as much as the children.

GoldenGran Fri 27-Jan-12 12:16:40

I took my Godddaughter, it is fabulous, tremendous fun, let me know how you got on. It was one of the best things I saw last year.

MaggieP Fri 27-Jan-12 11:53:34

I am going with my daughter to see Matilda, the musical tomorrow, the RSC production which has rave reviews, has anyone seen it ?
Really looking forward to it and a nice day out together in London. I will let you know.....