Gransnet forums

Culture/Arts

Artfully arranged trash

(12 Posts)
Bags Wed 14-Nov-12 12:13:06

by Gabriel Orozcos. His other hobby is throwing boomerangs.

jeni Wed 14-Nov-12 12:24:59

Not sure about these. I suppose they have a certain appeal, but?

Ana Wed 14-Nov-12 12:26:34

I thought this was going to be another pile of rubbish (literally!) a la Damien Hirst, but these creations are actually rather wonderful! I love all the different bottles. I think the fact that everything's laid out so tidily appeals to my sense of order...

soop Wed 14-Nov-12 12:41:26

Yes! Inspired! I love number 6 in particular. All so colourful and created with great care.

AlieOxon Wed 14-Nov-12 13:47:17

Interesting. Actually my first thought was 'it looks like a boot sale'...then...'I wish I could find these at a boot sale!'
Definitely a bit more than a boot sale, I like the bottles too - but part of me is still thinking 'Anything is Art these days'....

Come to think of it, I do liitle arrangements all over the house, just with things I like, especially bottles with water in.
I once did one with coleus leaves, on the top of the freezer, and my mum didn't know what to make of it, thought it very weird!

soop Wed 14-Nov-12 13:50:45

My mum would have said something along the lines of...oh! that's so arty farty!

kittylester Wed 14-Nov-12 14:47:45

Mine would have tidied it up.

kittylester Wed 14-Nov-12 14:56:04

Meant to say that I loved the creations!

I make displays with different coloured water in bottles on the utility room windowsill which is quite high and gets brilliant light. Makes me smile when i put the washing on!! The other windowsill has potted herbs on so the room smells good too. sunshine

Butty Wed 14-Nov-12 14:59:15

Beachcombing bonanza!

Nelliemoser Thu 15-Nov-12 12:40:35

Come to my house For a small entrance fee I could show you a lot of unarranged trash! grin

Elegran Thu 15-Nov-12 12:52:18

My bathroom windowsill has various coloured wine bottles, coloured glass vases, a coloured glass paperweight, some tot glasses, and other cheap sparklies. When the sun shines through they look gorgeous.

Bags Thu 15-Nov-12 13:52:48

nelliem grin