Gransnet forums

Culture/Arts

War Horse

(7 Posts)
Tegan Sat 19-Jan-13 20:11:49

Is going on tour and is at Birmingham Hippodrome in October/November. Wasn't going to say anything until I'd bought my tickets [they're selling out fast]. I can't wait to see it again [but didn't want to travel to London again] and my daughter is coming along this time.

Rosannie Sat 19-Jan-13 20:24:20

Would love to see it in Manchester, must check the tour dates/venues.

Tegan Sat 19-Jan-13 20:56:14

Not sure where it's going Rosannie, but it is wonderful if you can get to see it.

gracesmum Sat 19-Jan-13 21:09:32

Can you bear it? We saw it at the National a few years ago and I cried buckets and as we came out there were loads of old chaps harrumphing into their hankies pretending they had a cold! I think the puppets were out of this world - especially the foal! Never saw the point of the film, basically so different hardly worth giving it the same title.

numberplease Sat 19-Jan-13 21:38:12

I`d love to see it, saw the models on the TV when it first started, and have read the book, but doubt it`ll come anwhere near us, there aren`t any theatres within a reasonable distance of Boston.

Tegan Sat 19-Jan-13 23:18:47

I cried all the way through but, thankfully managed to just let tears trickle down my face silently. Thought the film was awful [but still cried at the end]. Have seen Michael Morpurgo do a reading of it at the theatre as well. I'm really chuffed that my daughter is coming with us this time. It's the first 'horsey' thing we've done together since our pony days. It's going to be a good year, theatre wise because we've got tickets for Cirque du Soleil's 'Alegria' in Nottingham...it's the show of theirs that I've most wanted to see. number; I wish you could come with us. If I wasn't such a rubbish driver I'd come over and pick you up sad.

Kali Sat 19-Jan-13 23:33:30

I couldn't bear to watch this. I'd be in shreds.