Gransnet forums

Culture/Arts

Fiction and reality

(10 Posts)
thatbags Sat 19-Oct-13 11:14:50

@Joannechocolat is being brilliant on Twitter about stories today.

rosesarered Sat 19-Oct-13 16:22:49

what did she say then? I don't go on Twitter, so was it amusing?

thatbags Sat 19-Oct-13 17:21:34

Things like this, rose:

@Joannechocolat: .@Jwknock @Andrew_Culture @BerniKennedy Tell him that stories are tattooed skin; decorated on the surface, but real blood & bone underneath.

@Joannechocolat: .@Macbutton Magic is the power to change - other people, oneself, the world. The trappings are fiction. The magic is real.

I tried copying and pasting to give you the full story but it got too complicated. The thing is, Noel Gallagher (who?) said reading fiction is a waste of fucking time and Joanne said he came across in his article as a "humongous knob bucket". Her fear is that because he is famous (he is?!?) it might put people, especially young men, of reading even more than they are put off already.

I was just enjoying her play with words and found her tweets very effective communications.

whenim64 Sat 19-Oct-13 17:42:44

Ha ha! Noel Gallagher is such a daft git! (Oasis, bags)

For someone who can write good lyrics, his ignorance is impressive.

thatbags Sat 19-Oct-13 20:01:30

I don't know no Oasis. Truly, my ignorance of pop culture is profound. smile

vegasmags Sat 19-Oct-13 20:14:27

I live in a part of Didsbury, just up the road from Burnage, home of the Gallagher Bros. In his teens, my DS was a friend and contemporary of Liam who was often to be found in my home, smoking fags and putting his feet up on my table - grrrr. Our cocker spaniel of that time was a very well behaved dog, but when Liam arrived, couldn't resist humping his leg - the only person he ever did that to! I was thinking of selling my story to the Sun - bad boy Liam in cocker spaniel sex romp - but, sadly, decided against it!

vegasmags Sat 19-Oct-13 20:15:40

Sorry bags - nothing to do with culture!

whenim64 Sat 19-Oct-13 20:15:49

.....and after aaaalllll, you're my Wonderwaaaa aaa allll (Wonderwall)

Don't know what you're missing, bags

True genius! grin

whenim64 Sat 19-Oct-13 20:27:02

Local scrotes!!! grin

petra Sun 20-Oct-13 08:41:29

So pleased I'm not the only one on here who has an Oasis CD ( when)
After reading the thread about women " deferring to men " I thought I had entered a parallel universe.