Gransnet forums

Culture/Arts

Dolls house

(6 Posts)
suzied Fri 10-Jul-15 19:34:41

My OH has built a 3 story Art Deco dolls house for our GDs . It has lighting, garage, spa and roof terrace. They love it.so do I . We keep it at ours for them to play with.( and me)

HildaW Fri 10-Jul-15 19:10:47

Plenty of Dolls house info on the web. The easiest one is Dolls House Emporium.

I renovated our old house so that GC could play with it.....many happy hours I spent repairing and decorating but forgot that children need little figures to play with to get the most fun. There is a range of small wooden figures called Budkins that are almost to scale. I managed to find a couple that had similar hair colouring to the two GC. They now have great fun with it.

rubylady Fri 10-Jul-15 16:45:21

I've just bought a dolls house, just like one I used to have as a child and got "lost" somewhere along the way, probably by one of my parents. It's my birthday next week so it's now a present to myself, for old time's sake. My DS thinks that I am in a mid life crisis, that to want a dolls house at my age (coming up to 51) is wrong but I said that men my age still buy old toys or games for gaming machines. I don't see the harm in it myself. I could be doing far worse with my time/money. What does anyone else think?

Now I can't wait for it to come. grin

Nonnie Fri 10-Jul-15 11:13:13

There used to be a lovely dolls house shop in Covent Garden, down in the bottom bit. I am sure they would know someone.

J52 Fri 10-Jul-15 10:48:06

Sounds like a lovely project. I hope you find someone to do it.

x

babcia88 Fri 10-Jul-15 10:17:17

I would like to renovate my daughter's dolls' house for my grand-daughter.
It needs exterior work such as replacing windows and a new roof. I live in West London (near Ladbroke Grove) and I wonder if there is anyone out there who would be interested in taking time and restoring the house to its former glory.
Thanks