Gransnet forums

Culture/Arts

The Lady in the Van

(12 Posts)
rubylady Wed 27-Jan-16 08:13:41

The dvd to this film is out in the next few months, I will wait for that and then I can watch it at home. smile

rubylady Wed 27-Jan-16 08:12:59

Yes, Iam64 I saw Audrey Roberts shopping and Rosie is from our town and I met her at the local post office. Met Mavis and Derek, but that was at the studios when the Richard and Judy telethon was on some 20 years ago or more. We went over to have our hair cut and to pledge some money. It was about 10pm I think.

Also met Kevin and Jim at a cricket match near us too, for charity. smile

tinaf1 Tue 26-Jan-16 16:42:45

Great film really enjoyed it

Iam64 Mon 25-Jan-16 18:49:14

If you live in manchester, you may be lucky enough to be shopping in supermarkets next to the wonderful Maxine Peake, or any number of Corrie actors.

Elrel Mon 25-Jan-16 10:48:39

Do you mean Maggie Smith? I've seen Sue Pollard in Waitrose, rainbow colours, chatting cheerily to all and sundry, spreading ripples of good humour wherever she went.

whitewave Mon 25-Jan-16 10:21:07

She lives near to one of my friends - see her in Waitrose

Coolgran65 Mon 25-Jan-16 10:05:21

Loved it

Nonnie Mon 25-Jan-16 10:02:35

It was a great film even though I had read the book and seen the play. There was a lot that never appeared in the book but nevertheless it was good entertainment.

Iam64 Mon 25-Jan-16 09:12:10

I didn't realise the film had been out for so long. We went to see it over the weekend. I loved it, Maggie Smith was wonderful and the actor (apologies, hopeless at names) who played Alan Bennet was perfect. Brilliant film, I'd recommend it.

Grannyjacq1 Sat 21-Nov-15 19:47:41

Thanks for that - will ask same question in that forum. Quite new to grans net and didn't realise there was a separate forum for TV and film.

ninathenana Fri 20-Nov-15 19:41:54

There is a thread in the TV, film forum about this film. Which should answer your query.
I haven't seen it myself smile

Grannyjacq1 Fri 20-Nov-15 19:33:09

Has anyone been to see this film yet? If so, is it suitable for my 92 year old mum who really doesn't approve of swearing or anything too risque! I want to treat her to a night out - but not if it's going to annoy her. I haven't read the book yet, and don't think I have time to before the film appears locally.