Gransnet forums

Culture/Arts

Fairport's Cropredy Convention

(5 Posts)
Izabella Thu 30-Mar-17 09:20:55

Did this for years in the past. Always a good atmosphere. Camped in our 2CV!!! GReat times

retrolady2 Wed 29-Mar-17 13:38:24

Luckygirl Give it another go! The exit process is much more streamlined now. x

Luckygirl Tue 28-Mar-17 15:00:53

We have been in the past and had a brilliant time - except for getting our car out of the car park! Enjoy! I too am a fan.

retrolady2 Tue 28-Mar-17 14:47:43

If anyone would like to know more, I wrote this blog post last year: wordpresscom5722.wordpress.com/2016/08/15/a-weekend-in-the-country/?frame-nonce=9edbcdc947

Apologies if I'm overdoing it, but I am slightly obsessed a fan, as you'll have gathered.

retrolady2 Tue 28-Mar-17 14:42:40

Might be a long shot, but I was wondering if any other GransNetters are going to Fairport's Cropredy Convention this year. We went for the second time last year and are going again this year. We are HUGE Fairport Convention fans, needless to say and Cropredy is an excellent way to spend a few days chillin' (!!! - get me, embracing my inner flower power past), with like-minded folks.

Might it be worth organising a mini-Gransnet convention on site? I can't be the only one, can I?

Adding these pics of our first year there, just because I've worked out how to add pics to GNet. Bit slow me, sometimes.