Gransnet forums

Culture/Arts

Anyone know these folk songs?

(10 Posts)
BradfordLass72 Mon 01-Apr-19 16:48:09

I think I'm on a hopeless quest. I have just heard 2 folkie-style songs but have no idea what they are and a Google and Spotify search brings up nothing.

One begins: I've only just realised the martins have gone ...
martins being birds in this case.

The second had a chorus which featured: In this place with life's hard thunder ...

I wonder if Gransnetters, who have such eclectic tastes, can recognise either or both and enlighten me?

Thank you

FountainPen Mon 01-Apr-19 17:00:26

Did you hear the songs on a radio show that can listened to again? The programme's website may show a playlist. If you can listen again but there is no playlist try the free Shazam app for your phone which listens and identifies recordings.

shysal Mon 01-Apr-19 17:08:09

Google brings up 'Waltz into Winter' by Archie Fisher for the first one, but nothing for the other.
Good luck with your search.

Bridgeit Mon 01-Apr-19 17:22:15

2nd one could be by Kiss.

Bridgeit Mon 01-Apr-19 17:23:50

Or , West Wing

paddyann Mon 01-Apr-19 20:16:18

I know the melody of the second one but cant put a song to it ,I think its a modern band ,maybe FirstAid Kit or Lady Antebellum I'll trawl through some CD's to see if I can find it.

rosecarmel Mon 01-Apr-19 20:54:07

Cody Jinks Loud & Heavy for the second?

BradfordLass72 Mon 01-Apr-19 22:17:12

shysal YES! thank you grin

I haven't been able to locate the 2nd yet. It's a quiet song, folkie, like the first, sung by a man.
Mudcat doesn't recognise it either.

I'm not quite sure if the other references given here are the titles, groups or the singer so my further searches are coming up with weirdness and nothing like song titles or lyrics.

I'll keep hoping someone remembers or knows what I'm talking about.

Thankyou smile

cavewoman Tue 02-Apr-19 05:24:53

How about "Thunder Road" by Newsong ? (a Christian rock group)

BradfordLass72 Tue 02-Apr-19 06:08:21

cavewoman Nope, just listened to it and that's not the one.

Thanks anyway. smile