Gransnet forums

Culture/Arts

Art Programme Back

(11 Posts)
Ealdemodor Thu 17-Jun-21 11:23:47

Friday evening, Channel 5, 9 pm., Great Paintings of the World with Andrew Marr is back again.
For some reason, this programme was pulled last year after a couple of episodes.

Aveline Thu 17-Jun-21 12:13:29

Oh good. I do enjoy art programmes

Grandmabatty Tue 29-Jun-21 20:07:55

The first two episodes have been really good. I wasn't a fan of Constable but I really liked his quick sketches. Marr's interest shines through.

NotTooOld Tue 29-Jun-21 21:38:47

Useful to know. Thank you.

Ellianne Tue 29-Jun-21 21:53:55

Thank you, I've put the date in the diary.

MayBee70 Tue 29-Jun-21 23:05:25

Grandmabatty

The first two episodes have been really good. I wasn't a fan of Constable but I really liked his quick sketches. Marr's interest shines through.

We went to an exhibition of Turners sketchbooks a few years ago. It was fascinating to realise that he travelled round the country doing small paintings and sketches of different places and then showed people his portfolio so they could commission a full size painting.

Whitewavemark2 Wed 30-Jun-21 07:06:41

I have studied art history in the past and love it as a subject.

Anything like this is always worth a watch.

Ellianne Wed 30-Jun-21 09:48:53

Andrew Marr paints where I walk my dog everyday.

JessK Wed 30-Jun-21 09:55:58

I watched the first few episodes and found them really interesting. The one about Monet was exceptionally interesting. Will definitely watch the rest of the series.

henetha Wed 30-Jun-21 10:27:41

This is a brillliant and fascinating programme. I've studied art history and it's just so interesting.

Andrian35 Mon 13-Sep-21 17:05:38

I remember a long time ago I started watching this program and that's when I got interested in art. Later it became my hobby. Now I am a collector of landscape paintings, one of which I bought here www.vershinin.biz/nature-landscape-photography-fine-art-gallery/, and want to increase my collection. So I am very glad that the program exists again.