Gransnet forums

Culture/Arts

Middlewich Boat and Folk Festival 16-19 June 2022

(8 Posts)
BigBertha1 Wed 08-Jun-22 12:18:57

This festival hasn't been held for 2 years and we have only been in this town a little while but we are told its a fantastic 3 day event based around the canals. The Sunday is free but tickets available for the other two days with someone called The Waterboys as a headline act on the Friday evening. We are told the town will be buzzing with a big street market on the Saturday and a canal boat market for the whole 3 days. I just thought if anyone was near the east Cheshire area they might like the chance to hear music in the open air.
I haven't been to a music festival for **years but we will be going- must get my festival vibe on- there is a Monsoon dress here somewhere and a floppy hat.

Namsnanny Wed 08-Jun-22 12:31:10

Sounds like you'll have a lovely time.
I hope you will report back after the event?

BigBertha1 Wed 08-Jun-22 12:38:11

I will with some pics. I hoping there will be lots of art and crafts too.

Namsnanny Wed 08-Jun-22 12:40:37

??? some music to get you in the mood!

BigBertha1 Wed 08-Jun-22 16:29:28

Thank you. I'm not really into Folk other than the protest songs of the 60's and 70's so it going to be a 'journey' for me. I have noticed I am liking some C & W lately is it an old age thing I'm really a Blues/Jazz fan?

Chewbacca Wed 08-Jun-22 16:36:01

You'll really enjoy it BigBertha it's a fab event with a lovely friendly atmosphere.

Seabear Wed 08-Jun-22 21:19:47

The Waterboys are going to be busy that weekend. I'm seeing them at another festival on the Saturday!

MayBee70 Thu 09-Jun-22 08:43:49

The Waterboys are fantastic. For some reason, even though I love folk music, I’m not totally enamoured of their music but when I saw them live it was one of the best gigs I’ve ever been to.